Kinetics of two-stage crystallization in Metglas 2826A
- R. S. TiwariAffiliated withDepartment of Physics, Banaras Hindu University
- , J. C. ClausAffiliated withDIEHL GmbH and Co.
- , S. RanganathanAffiliated withDepartment of Metallurgy, Indian Institute of Science
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Crystallization kinetics of MSI and MSII stages in Metglas 2826A has been investigated by quantitative transmission electron microscopy. The volume fraction of crystallization against time curve has been found to show a plateau in the lower temperature region of annealing. It has been found that the glass transition temperature, T g, has no effect on the sequence reversal of the crystallization reaction. It has been shown that the sequence reversal of transformation stages occurs due to the large difference in the activation energy of crystallization of MSI and MSII. In addition, the change in the morphology of the crystals obtained by annealing the amorphous alloy below and above the glass transition temperature, T g, is reported.
- Kinetics of two-stage crystallization in Metglas 2826A
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 24, Issue 12 , pp 4399-4402
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors