Low thermal expansion and low thermal expansion anisotropy ceramic of Sr0.5Zr2(PO4)3 system
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A low thermal expansion ceramic with a very low thermal expansion anisotropy was synthesized from the Sr0.5Zr2(PO4)3 system. The sintering was promoted by addition of MgO, and the solgel technique also improved the sinterability. The thermal expansion of the crystal was lowered by substituting Nb5+ for Zr4+ and 1/2Sr2+ pairs, becoming near-zero for Sr0.25Nb0.5Zr1.5(PO4)3. All dense ceramics in this system had a strength of about 80 MPa, and did not suffer microcracking even in the coarse-grained polycrystalline ceramics, owing to the very low thermal expansion anisotropy of the crystals.
Supplementary Material (0)
- R. Roy, D. K. Agrawal, J. Alamo and R. A. Roy, Mater. Res. Bull. 19 (1984) 471.
- J. Alamo and R. Roy, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 67 (1984) C-78.
- G. E. Lenain, H. A. McKinstry, S. Y. Limaye and A. Woodward, Mater. Res. Bull. 19 (1984) 1451.
- D. K. Agrawal and V. S. Stubican, ibid. 20 (1985) 99.
- D. K. Agrawal and R. Roy, J. Mater. Sci. 20 (1985) 4617.
- T. Ota and I. Yamai, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 69 (1986) 1.
- I. Yamai, T. Ota and P. Jin, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn 96 (1988) 1019.
- S. Y. Limaye, D. K. Agrawal and H. A. McKinstry, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 70 (1987) C-232.
- C. Delmas, R. Olazcuaga, G. Le Flem and P. Hagenmuller, Mater. Res. Bull. 16 (1981) 285.
- J. Alamo and R. Roy, J. Mater. Sci. 21 (1986) 444.
- T. Ota and I. Yamai, J. Ceram. Soc. Jpn 95 (1987) 531.
- J. A. Kuszyk and R. C. Bradt, J. Amer. Ceram. Soc. 61 (1978) 478.
- J. J. Cleaveland and R. C. Bradt, ibid. 61 (1978) 478.
- I. Yamai and T. Ota, ibid. 68 (1985) 273.
- “Phase Diagrams for Ceramists” (The American Ceramic Society) Figs 703, 4490 and 5325–5327.
About this Article
- Low thermal expansion and low thermal expansion anisotropy ceramic of Sr0.5Zr2(PO4)3 system
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 24, Issue 12 , pp 4239-4245
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors