An in situ grown eutectic magnetoelectric composite material
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The phase diagram of the quinary system Fe-Co-Ti-Ba-O contains a region of compositions with the property that unidirectional solidification of liquids with these compositions results in an aligned two phase composite material. One of the phases is a piezomagnetic spinel and the other one a piezoelectric perovskite. The resulting composite is a magnetoelectric material, which can convert magnetic fields into electric fields and vice versa. This paper deals with the determination of the above-mentioned composition region and with the unidirectional solidification process. Some results of magnetoelectric measurements are reported.
- Suchtelen, J. (1972) Philips Res. Repts. 27: pp. 28
- Blasse, G. (1969) Philips Res. Repts. 3: pp. 1
- Casismir, H. B. G., Smit, J., Enz, U., Fast, J. F., Wijn, H. P. J., Gorter, E. Q., Druyvestyn, A. J. W., Fast, J. D., Jong, J. J. (1959) J. de Phys. et le Radium 20: pp. 360
- Boomgaard, J. (1973) Met. Trans. 4: pp. 1485
- Sharp, R. M., Flemings, M. C. (1973) Met. Trans. 4: pp. 997
- Labelle, H. E., Mlavski, A. I. (1971) Mat. Res. Bull. 6: pp. 571
- Labelle, H. E., Mlavski, A. I. (1971) Mat. Res. Bull. 6: pp. 581
- F. H. Cocks, J. T. A. Pollock and J. S. Bailey, Proceedings of the Conference on In Situ Composites, September 5–8 1972. Lakeville, Connecticut, Vol. 1, pp. 141–152.
- Run, A. M. J. G., Terrell, D. R., Scholing, J. H. (1974) J. Mater. Sci. 9: pp. 1710
- J. Van Suchtelen, to be published.
- An in situ grown eutectic magnetoelectric composite material
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 9, Issue 10 , pp 1705-1709
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors