Long-Term survival of fat transplants: Controlled demonstrations
- Sydney R. Coleman M.D.
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
To document the amount and rate of re-absorption of fatty tissue transplanted using the author's technique, the author initiated controlled studies in 1987. A selected crease was infiltrated with autologous fatty tissue using a nearby crease as control. At specific time intervals the infiltrated crease was compared to the nearby control crease to evaluate percentage of recurrence. Photographs were taken in the first week, then at least yearly over six years. All views, all positions of the mouth, and all lighting situations demonstrated the continued absence of any crease in the area of infiltration. In contrast, the nearby control crease remained unchanged or deepened from its preoperative condition, giving every indication of a permanent correction. This experiment demonstrates the potential lasting nature of corrections performed with the transplantation of fatty tissue and is supported by over 400 infiltrations into the nasolabial folds in the author's practice.
- Aboudib JHC, Cardoso de Castro C, Gradel J: Hand rejuvenescence by fat filling. Ann Plast Sung 28:559, 1992
- Bircoll M: Cosmetic breast augmentation utilizing autologous fat and liposuction techniques. Presented at the Annual Meeting of the California Society of Plastic Surgeons, Monterey, CA. March 1985
- Coleman SR: The technique of periorbital lipoinfiltration. Oper Tech in Plast and Reconstr Surg 1:120, 1994
- Dorland's Illustrated Medical Dictionary. 27th Ed. Philadelphia: W.B. Saunders, 1988
- Ellenbogen R: Invited comment on autologous fat injection. Ann Plast Surg 24:297, 1990
- Ersek R: Transplantation of purified autologous fat: a 3-year follow-up is disappointing. Plast Reconstr Surg 87:219, 1991
- Horl HW, Feller AM, Biemer E: Technique for liposuction fat reimplantation and long-term volume evaluation by magnetic resonance imaging. Ann Plast Sung 26:248, 1991
- Illouz YG: The fat cell ‘graft’: a new technique to fill depressions. Plast Reconstr Surg 78:122, 1986
- Illouz YG: Fat Injection: A Four-Year Clinical Trial. In: Hetter GP, (ed): Lipoplasty: The Theory and Practice of Blunt Suction Lipectomy. Boston, Little Brown & Co. 1990
- Lexer E: Correccion de los pechos dedulos (Mastoptose) por medio de la implantacion de grasa. San Sebastian Guipuzcoa Media 63:213, 1921 (in Spanish). Translated into English as Hinderer UT, del Rio L: Erich Lexer's Mammaplasty. Aesth Plast Surg 16:101, 1992
- Moscona R, Ullman Y, Har-Shai Y, Mirshowitz B: Freefat injections for the correction of hemifacial atrophy. Plast Reconstr 84:501, 1989
- Neuber F: Fettransplantation. Bericht uber die Verhandlungen der Deutschen Gesellschaft fur Chirurgie. Zbl Chir 22:66, 1893
- Niechajev I, Sevcuk O: Long-term results of fat transplantation: clinical and histologic studies. Plast Reconstr Surg 94:496, 1994
- Niechajev I. (Note 13).
- Teimourian B: Repair of soft-tissue contour deficit by means of semiliquid fat graft. Plast Reconstr Surg 78:122, 1986
- Long-Term survival of fat transplants: Controlled demonstrations
Aesthetic Plastic Surgery
Volume 19, Issue 5 , pp 421-425
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. New York, New York, USA