Postmeiotic segregation in Saccharomyces
- Michael S. Esposito
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Diploid monohybrids of adenine 8 alleles were constructed to permit visual detection of meiotic gene conversion. In addition to the 3+:1 m and 1+:3 m tetrads routinely encountered, aberrant segregations comparable to the 5+:3 m and 3+:5 m patterns detected in octad ascomycetes were observed. These latter types are tetrads bearing ascospores which give rise to sectored ascosporal colonies.
- Emerson, S.: In genetic organization, vol. 1 (E. W. Caspari and A. W Ravin, eds.), New York: Academic Press 1969.
- Esposito, M. S.: X-ray and meiotic fine structure mapping of the adenine 8 locus in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. Genetics 58, 507–527 (1968).
- Roman, H.: In Methodology in basic genetics (W. Burdette, ed.). San Francisco: Holden-Day 1963.
- Postmeiotic segregation in Saccharomyces
Molecular and General Genetics MGG
Volume 111, Issue 3 , pp 297-299
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Biology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, USA