Simultaneous representation of interval and interval-containment orders
- Paul J. Tanenbaum
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We characterize the polysemic interval pairs—pairs of posets that admit simultaneous interval and interval-containment representations—and present algorithms to recoginze them and construct polysemic interval representations.
- Dushnik, B. and Miller, E. W. (1941) Partially ordered sets, Amer. J. Math. 63, 600–610.
- Even, S. and Itai, A. (1971) Queues, Stacks and Graphs, in Theory of Machines and Computations, Z.Kohavi and A.Paz (eds), Academic Press, New York, pp. 71–86.
- Fishburn, P. C. (1985) Interval Orders and Interval Graphs.: A Study of partially Ordered Sets, John Wiley, New York.
- Golumbic, M. C. (1980) Algorithmic Graph Theory and Perfect Graphs, Academic Press, New York.
- Golumbic, M. C. and Shamir, R. (1993) Complexity and algorithms for reasoning about time: A graph theoretic approach, J. Assoc. Comput. Mach. 40(5), 1108–1133.
- Kendall, D. G. (1969) Incidence matrices, interval graphs, and seriation in archaeology, Pacific J. Math. 28, 565–570.
- Nökel, K. (1991) Temporally Distributed Symptoms in Technical Diagnosis, Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence, no. 517, Springer-Verlag, New York.
- Papadimitriou, C. and Yannakakis, M. (1979) Scheduling interval ordered tasks, SIAM J. Comput. 8, 405–409.
- Tanenbaum, P. J. (1995) On geometric representations of partially ordered sets Ph.D. Thesis, The Johns Hopkins University.
- Tanenbaum, P. J. and Whitesides, S. (1996) Simultaneous dominance representation of multiple posets, Order 13, 351–364 (this issue).
- Wiener, N. (1914) A contribution to the theory of relative position, Proc. Cambridge Philos. Soc. 17, 441–449.
- Simultaneous representation of interval and interval-containment orders
Volume 13, Issue 4 , pp 339-350
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- interval orders
- interval containment orders
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. U.S. Army Research Laboratory, 21005-5068, Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, USA