A modal calculus analogous to K4W, based on intuitionistic propositional logic, Iℴ
- Aldo Ursini
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
This paper treats a kind of a modal logic based on the intuitionistic propositional logic which arose from the “provability” predicate in the first order arithmetic. The semantics of this calculus is presented in both a relational and an algebraic way.
Completeness theorems, existence of a characteristic model and of a characteristic frame, properties of FMP and FFP and decidability are proved.
- G. Grätzer, Universal Algebra, Van Nonstrand, New York, 1969.
- M. H. Löb, Solution of a problem of Leon Henkin, Journal of Symbolic Logic 20 (1955), pp. 115–118.
- R. Magari, Modal diagonalizable algebras, Bollettino del-Unione Matematica Italiana, (5) 15-B (1978) pp. 303–320.
- H. Rasiowa and R. Sikorski, Mathematics of Metamathematics, PWN, Warszawa, 1970.
- G. Sambin, An effective fixed point theorem in intuitionistic diagonalizable algebras, Studia Logica XXXV, 4 (1976) pp. 345–361.
- K. Segerberg, An Essay on classical modal logic, Filosofiska studier 13, Uppsala, 1971.
- C. Smorynski, The derivability conditions and Löb's theorem, A short course in modal logic, unpublished manuscript.
- A. Ursini, Intuitionistic diagonalizable algebras, Algebra Universalis 9 (1979), pp. 229–237.
- A modal calculus analogous to K4W, based on intuitionistic propositional logic, Iℴ
Volume 38, Issue 3 , pp 297-311
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Aldo Ursini (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institute of Mathematics, Siena University, Italy