The significance of water surface-waves in the communication of fire-bellied toads
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We thank Dr. W. Hödl, Univ. Wien for providing the B. bombina specimen. B. orientalis were obtained from a local dealer. The study was supported by DFG grants Wa 446/2-2 and Mu 562/3-3.
- Markl, H., in: Neuroethology and Behavioral Physiology (Huber, F., Markl, H., eds.). Berlin: Springer 1983
- Schwartz, E., in: Handbook of Sensory Physiology III/3. Berlin: Springer 1974
- Bleckmann, H.: pers. communication
- Lörcher, K.: Oecologia (Berl.) 3, 84 (1969)
- Walkowiak, W.: unpubl. observations
- During the stimulation experiments amplitudes of the water surface-waves were measured in the pools by using a method described by Rudolph, P.: Z. vergl. Physiol. 56, 341 (1967) CrossRef
- Using the attenuation coefficient for 5 Hz water surface-waves (1.3 dB cm−1) de scribed by  we calculated a distance up to 50 cm for a wave amplitude above the experimentally determined taxis threshold (30–50 μm).
- The significance of water surface-waves in the communication of fire-bellied toads
Volume 72, Issue 1 , pp 49-51
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors