Optical fiber research present and future
- Charles K. Kao
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- H. Murata and N. Inagaki, Low loss single-mode fiber development and splicing research in Japan. JQE 17(6) (June 1981).
- Niholaus, B., Grischkowsky, D. (1983) 12× pulse compression using optical fibers. App. Phy. Lett. 42: pp. 1-2
- H. Murata, The review of recent development of optical fiber and cable in Japan. Furukawa Elect. Co. (1979).
- M.I. Schwartz and M.J. Buchler, The choice of refractive index difference for multimode fibers operated at 1.3 μm. ICC81 (June 1981) 27.1.1–27.1.4.
- Garrett, I., Todd, C.J. (1982) Components and systems for long wavelength monomode fiber transmission. Optical and Quantum Electronics 14: pp. 95-143
- Hodgkinson, T.G. (1982) Experimental assessment of a 140 Mb/s coherent optical receiver 15 1.52 μm. Elect. Lett. 18: pp. 523-525
- Sin, S.P. (1982) The reliability of silicon available photodiodes for use in optical fiber transmission systems. IEEE Trans. 29: pp. 1611-1616
- Osanai, H., Shioda, T., Mariyama, T. (1976) Effects of dopents on transmission loss of low OH content optical fiber. Electronic Lett. 12: pp. 549-550
- Hammond, C.K., Norman, S.R. (1977) Fluorine doped silica for optical waveguide. Second ECOC Paris 1971, Opt. Quantum Electronics 9: pp. 399
- Miya, T. (1979) Ultimate low loss singlemode fiber at 1.55 μm. Elect. Lett. 15: pp. 107-108
- D. Gloge and T. Li, Multimode fiber technology for digital transmission. Proc. IEEE 68(10) (October 1980).
- Norman, S.R. (1979) Fabrication of single-mode fibres exhibiting extremely low polarisation birefringence. Elect. Lett. 15: pp. 309-311
- Barlow, A.J. (1981) Production of single-mode fibres with negligible Intrinsic birefringence and polarisation mode dispersion. Elect. Lett. 17: pp. 725-726
- Giallorenzi, T. (1982) Optical fiber sensor technology. IEEE JQE 18: pp. 626-665
- M. Drexhage, IR trans mitting fluoride glasses, material development. OFC-83.
- G.H. Sigel and D.C. Tran, Long wavelength ultra-low loss fibers. Electro 83 Proceedings, April 1983.
- Birch, R.D. (1982) Fabrication of polarisation maintaining fibers using gas-phase etching. Elect. Lett. 18: pp. 1036-1038
- M. Tur et al., Fiber-optic signal processor with applications to matrix-vector multiplication and lattice filtering. Optics Letters Vol. 7, p. 463.
- Bergh, R.A. (1982) Source statistics and the Kerr effect in fiber-optic gyroscopes. Optics Letters 7: pp. 563
- Digonnet, M., Shaw, H.J. (1983) Wavelength multiplexing in single-mode fiber couplers. Applies Optics 22: pp. 484-491
- Bohm, K. (1983) Fibre-optic gyro for sensitive measurement of rotation. The Radio and Electronic Engineer 53: pp. 121-124
- D. Casasent et al., Frequency-multiplexed and pipelined iterative optical systolic array processors. Applied Optics 22(1) (January 1983).
- M.D. Mermelstein, Optical fiber-copolymer film electric field sensor.
- Sigel, G.H., Tran, D.C. (1983) Long wavelength ultra-low loss fibers. Probing the Limits of Optical Processing and Transmission, Electro 83: pp. 19-21
- D.B. Keck and V.A. Bhagavatula, singlemode fiber design. OFC'83, Sixth Topical Meeting on Optical Fiber Communication, New Orleans, Louisiana, February 28–March 2, 1983.
- C. Kao and M.E. Collier, Fiber optic systems in future telecommunication networks. Telecommunications (April 1977) 25–32.
- Optical fiber research present and future
Applied Scientific Research
Volume 41, Issue 3-4 , pp 177-189
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Charles K. Kao (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. ITT New York, 320 Park Avenue, 10022, New York, NY, USA