Steady flow of a maxwell fluid in a porous cylindrical annulus with circular cross-section
- D. K. Mohan Rao
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
When a fluid with memory is injected into any flow region some assumptions regarding the initial state of stress have to be made in order to determine the state of stress at any subsequent instant. For a Maxwell fluid, it is assumed that the fluid near the surface of injection is suddenly stressed and responds by starting flow in accordance with the mechanical model chosen. The flow of a Maxwell fluid with a single relaxation time has been determined under the above assumption in the following two cases: (i) annulus between two porous concentric circular cylinders, and (ii) space between two porous and infinitely extending parallel plates. The nature of flow in the present case is similar to that of the Reiner-Rivlin fluids obtained by Narasimhan2).
- Berman, A. S., J. Appl. Phys. 29 (1958) 71.
- Narasimhan, M. N. L., ZAMM 41 (1961) 43.
- Bhatnagar, R. K., to be published.
- Steady flow of a maxwell fluid in a porous cylindrical annulus with circular cross-section
Applied Scientific Research, Section A
Volume 14, Issue 1 , pp 25-30
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Martinus Nijhoff, The Hague/Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- D. K. Mohan Rao (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Applied Mathematics, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, India