Convergence to cycles as a typical asymptotic behavior in smooth strongly monotone discrete-time dynamical systems
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Communicated by M. Golubitsky
- Alikakos, N. D., Hess, P. (1987) On stabilization of discrete monotone dynamical systems. Israel J. Math. 59: pp. 185-194
- Alikakos, N. D., Hess, P., Matano, H. (1989) Discrete order preserving semigroups and stability for periodic parabolic differential equations. J. Diff. Eq. 82: pp. 322-341
- E. N. Dancer & P. Hess, Stability of fixed points for order-preserving discrete-time dynamical systems, J. reine angew. Math, to appear.
- P. Hess, On stabilization of discrete strongly order-preserving semigroups and dynamical processes, in Semigroup Theory and Applications, P. Clément (ed.), Lecture Notes in Pure and Applied Mathematics, Marcel Dekker, 1989.
- P. Hess, Periodic Parabolic Boundary-Value Problems and Positivity, Pitman Research Notes in Mathematics, Vol. 247, 1991.
- Hirsch, M. W. (1988) Stability and convergence in strongly monotone dynamical Systems. J. reine angew. Math. 383: pp. 1-58
- M. W. Hirsch, Differential equations and convergence almost everywhere in strongly monotone flows, Contemp. Math. 17, Amer. Math. Soc. 1983, 267–285.
- T. Kato, Perturbation Theory for Linear Operators, Springer-Verlag, 1966.
- I. P. Kornfeld, S. V. Fomin & Y. G. Sinai, Ergodic Theory, Springer-Verlag, 1982.
- R. Mañé, Ergodic Theory and Differentiable Dynamics, Springer-Verlag, 1987.
- R. Mañé, Lyapunov exponents and stable manifolds for compact transformations, in: Geometric Dynamics, J. Palis (ed.), Lecture Notes in Mathematics vol. 1007, Springer-Verlag, 1983, 522–577.
- H. Matano, Strong comparison principle in nonlinear parabolic equations, in Nonlinear Parabolic Equations: Qualitative Properties of Solutions, L. Boccardo, A. Tesei (eds.), Pitman, 1987, 148–155.
- J. Mierczyński, On a generic behavior in strongly cooperative differential equations, Colloquia Mathematica Societatis János Bolyai Vol. 53, North-Holland, 1990, 402–406.
- J. Mierczyński, Flows on ordered bundles, preprint.
- Mora, X. (1983) Semilinear problems define semiflows on C k spaces. Trans. Amer. Math. Soc. 278: pp. 1-55
- Oseledec, V. I. (1968) A multiplicative ergodic theorem. Trans. Moscow Math. Soc. 19: pp. 197-231
- Poláčik, P. (1989) Convergence in smooth strongly monotone flows defined by semilinear parabolic equations. J. Diff. Eq. 79: pp. 89-110
- P. Poláčik, Generic properties of strongly monotone semiflows defined by ordinary and parabolic differential equations, Colloquia Mathematica Societatis János Bolyai Vol. 53, North-Holland, 1990, 402–406.
- P. Poláčik, Imbedding of any vector field in scalar semilinear parabolic equation, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- P. Poláčik & I. Tereščák, in preparation.
- Ruelle, D. (1979) Analyticity properties of the characteristic exponents of random matrix products. Advances Math. 32: pp. 68-80
- Smith, H. L., Thieme, H. R. (1990) Quasi convergence and stability for order-preserving semiflows. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 21: pp. 673-692
- Smith, H. L., Thieme, H. R. (1991) Convergence for strongly order-preserving semiflows. SIAM J. Math. Anal. 22: pp. 1081-1101
- Takáč, P. (1990) Convergence to equilibrium on invariant d-hypersurfaces for strongly increasing discrete-time dynamical systems. J. Math. Anal. Appl. 148: pp. 223-244
- P. Takáč, Domains of attraction of generic ω-limit set for strongly monotone semiflows, Z. Anal. Anwendungen, to appear.
- P. Takáč, Asymptotic behavior of strongly monotone time-periodic dynamical processes with symmetry, J. Diff. Eq., to appear.
- P. Takáč, Linearly stable subharmonic orbits in strongly monotone time-periodic dynamical systems, Proc. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.
- P. Takáč, Domains of attraction of generic ω-limit sets for strongly monotone discrete-time semigroups, J. reine angew. Math., to appear.
- Convergence to cycles as a typical asymptotic behavior in smooth strongly monotone discrete-time dynamical systems
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis
Volume 116, Issue 4 , pp 339-360
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors