On the connection between Hamiltonian many-particle systems and the hydrodynamical equations
- Karl Oelschläger
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
We consider certain Hamiltonian systems with many particles interacting through a potential whose range is large in comparison with the typical distance between neighbouring particles. It is shown that the empirical processes of the positions and the velocities respectively converge to solutions of the continuity equation and the Euler equation, in the limit as the particle number tends to infinity.
- Balescu, R.: Equilibrium and Nonequilibrium Statistical Mechanics. Wiley, 1975.
- Braun, W. & Hepp, K.: The Vlasov dynamics and its fluctuations in the 1/N limit of interacting classical particles. Commun. Math. Phys. 56, 101–113, 1977.
- Gingold, R. A. & Monaghan, J. J.: Kernel estimates as a basis for general particle methods in hydrodynamics. J. Comput. Phys. 46, 429–453, 1982.
- Lachowicz, M. & Pulvirenti, M.: A stochastic system of particles modelling the Euler equations. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 109, 81–93, 1990.
- Majda, A.: Compressible Fluid Flow and Systems of Conservation Laws in Several Space Variables. Springer-Verlag, 1984.
- Oelschläger, K.: A law of large numbers for moderately interacting diffusion processes. Z. Wahrscheinlichkeitstheorie verw. Gebiete 69, 279–322, 1985.
- Oelschläger, K.: A fluctuation theorem for moderately interacting diffusion processes. Probab. Th. Rel. Fields 74, 591–616, 1987.
- Oelschläger, K.: On the derivation of reaction-diffusion equations as limit dynamics of systems of moderately interacting stochastic processes. Probab. Th. Rel. Fields 82, 565–586, 1989.
- Oelschläger, K.: Large systems of interacting particles and the porous medium equation. J. Diff. Eqs. 88, 294–346, 1990.
- On the connection between Hamiltonian many-particle systems and the hydrodynamical equations
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis
Volume 115, Issue 4 , pp 297-310
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Karl Oelschläger (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Institut für Angewandte Mathematik, Universität Heidelberg, Im Neuenheimer Feld 294, W-6900, Heidelberg, Germany