YAC/P1 contigs defining the location of 56 microsatellite markers and several genes across a 3.4-cM interval on mouse Chromosome 11
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The characterization of three YAC/P1 contigs from adjacent segments of the central region of mouse Chromosome (Chr) 11 is described. These contigs are based upon 63 YACs and 40 P1 recombinants. From these clones, 185 end sequences were obtained, of which 147 sequences could be converted into sequencetagged sites and mapped within the three contigs. Deletions were detected in 16 out of 63 YACs; 19 of 63 YACs were found to be chimeric. No such aberrations were found in P1 recombinants. A total of 22 public and 34 newly developed microsatellite markers were unambiguously localized to and ordered in the contigs. In the cryb1/Nf1 interval of the central contig, several new genes have been identified by exon trapping and precisely localized with respect to known STS markers.
- Arnolds, C., Hodgson, I.J. (1991). Vectorette PCR: a novel approach to genomic walking. PCR Methods Appl. 1, 39–42.
- Boehm, T., Spillantini, M.G., Sofroniew, M.V., Surani, M.A., Rabbitts, T.H. (1991). Developmentally regulated and tissue specific expression of mRNAs encoding the two alternative forms of the LIM domain orcogene rhombotin: evidence for thymus expression. Oncogene 6, 695–703.
- Dietrich, W.F., Miller, J.C., Steen, R.G., Merchant, M., Damron, D., Nahf, R., Gross, A., Joyce, D.C., Wessel, M., Dredge, R.D., Marquis, A., Stein, L.D., Goodman, N., Page, D.C., Lander, E.S. (1994). A genetic map of the mouse with 4,006 simple sequence length polymorphisms. Nat. Genet. 7, 220–245.
- Dowdy, S.F., Lai, K.M., Weissman, B.E., Matsui, Y., Hogan, B.L., Stanbridge, E.G. (1991). The isolation and characterization of a novel cDNA demonstrating an altered mRNA level in notumorigenic Wilms' microcell hybrid cells. Nucleic Acids Res. 19, 5763–5769.
- Klug, A., Rhodes, D. (1987). Zinc fingers: a novel protein fold for nucleic acid recognition. Cold Spring Harbor Symp. Quant. Biol. 52, 473–482.
- Kusumi, K., Smith, J.S., Segre, J.A., Koos, D.S., Lander, E.S. (1993). Construction of a large-insert yeast artificial chromosome library of the mouse genome. Mamm. Genome 4, 391–392.
- Lisitsyn, N.A., Segre, J.A., Kusumi, K., Lisitsyn, N.M., Nadeau, J.H., Frankel, W.N., Wigler, M.H., Lander, E.S. (1994). Direct isolation of polymorphic markers linked to a trait by genetically directed representational difference analysis. Nat. Genet. 6, 57–63.
- Murphy, M., Pykett, M.J., Harnisch, P., Zang, K.D., George, D.L. (1993). Identification and characterization of genes differentially expressed in meningiomas. Cell Growth Differ. 4, 715–722.
- Nehls, M., Pfeifer, D., Boehm, T. (1994a). Exon amplification from complete libraties of genomic DNA using a novel phage vector with automatic plasmid excision facility: application to the mouse neurofibromatosis-1 locus. Oncogene 9, 2169–2176.
- Nehls, M., Pfeifer, D., Micklem, G., Schmoor, D., Boehm, T. (1994b). The sequence complexity of exons trapped from the mouse genome. Curr. Biol. 4, 983–989.
- Nehls, M., Pfeifer, D., Schorpp, M., Hedrich, H., Boehm, T. (1994c). New member of the winged-helix protein family disrupted in mouse and rat nude mutations. Nature 372, 103–107.
- Pierce, J.C., Sternberg, N., Sauer, B. (1992). A mouse genomic library in the bacteriophage P1 cloning system: organization and characterization. Mamm. Genome 3, 550–558.
- Rossi, J.M., Burke, D.T., Leung, J.C., Koos, D.S., Chen, H., Tilghman, S.M. (1992). Genomic analysis using a yeast artificial chromosome library with mouse DNA inserts. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA 89, 2456–2460.
- Van den Ouweland, A.M., Van Duijnhoven, H.L., Deichmann, K.A., Van Groningen, J.J., de Leij, L., Van de Ven, W.J. (1989). Characteristics of a multicopy gene family predominantly consisting of processed pseudogenes. Nucleic Acids Res. 17, 3829–3843.
- Weigel, D., Jäckle, H. (1990). The fork head domain: a novel DNA binding motif of eukaryotic transcription factors. Cell 63, 455–456.
- YAC/P1 contigs defining the location of 56 microsatellite markers and several genes across a 3.4-cM interval on mouse Chromosome 11
Volume 6, Issue 5 , pp 321-331
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors