Preparation of colloidal Fe3O4 ultrafine particles in microemulsions
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The preparation of magnetite particles is reported from the precipitation of Fe2+/Fe3+ with NH4OH in several kinds of microemulsions: AOT/n-heptane/water microemulsions and a new non-toxic microemulsion system whose phase behaviour and structure has been recently studied. It is shown that both the droplet size and the presence of interactions in the dispersed phase greatly influence the final size of the obtained particles. In addition, the size of the particles can be increased by successive repetition of the reaction inside the droplets of the microemulsion.
- M. A. López Quintela, J. Rivas and J. Quibén, Spanish pat. 2009 404 (1989), USA pat. 4983 217 (1991)
- M. A. López Quintela and J. Rivas, J. Coll. Interface Sci., 158 (1993) 297.
- M. A. López Quintela, L. Liz and J. Blanco, Prog. Coll. Polym. Sci., in press.
- M. Gobe, K. Kon-No, K. Kandori and A. Kitahara, J. Coll. Interface Sci., 93 (1983) 293.
- S. Bandow, K. Kimura, K. Kon-No and A. Kitahara, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) 5713.
- V. R. Palkar, M. S. Multani and P. Ayyub, in “Surfactants in solution”, Vol. 10, edited by K. L. Mittal (PlenumPress, New York 1989).
- K. M. Lee, C. M. Sorensen, K. J. Klabunde and G. C. Hadjipanayis, IEEE Trans. Magn. 28 (1992) 3180.
- P. D. I. Fletcher and B. H. Robinson, J. Chem. Soc. Faraday Trans. I. 83 (1987) 985.
- G. Bate, in “Ferromagnetic Materials”, Vol. 2, edited by E. P. WohlFarth (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1980) p. 384.
- M. Pardavi-Harvath and L. Takacs, IEEE Trans. Magn., 28 (1992) 3186.
- Preparation of colloidal Fe3O4 ultrafine particles in microemulsions
Journal of Materials Science
Volume 29, Issue 14 , pp 3797-3801
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors