A strongly fluorescing abnormal chromosome in a malformed child
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The case of a sexchromatin negative “girl” with multiple malformations is presented. A small metacentric chromosome was found to replace her second X chromosome, half of which was strongly fluorescing after staining with Quinacrinedihydrochloride, and late replicating after labelling with tritiated thymidine. The chromosome was interpreted as a translocation chromosome between the long arms of a Y and a partially trisomic autosome.
- Caspersson, T., Farber, S., Foley, G. E., Kudynowski, J., Modest, E. J., Simonsson, E., Wagh, U., Zech, L.: Chemical differentiation along metaphase chromosomes. Exp. Cell Res. 49, 219–222 (1968).
- —, Lindsten, J., Zech, L.: Identification of the abnormal B group chromosome in the “cri du chat” syndrome by QM-fluorescence. Exp. Cell Res. 61, 475–476 (1970a).
- —, Zech, L., Johannsson, C.: Quinacrine mustard fluorescence of human chromosomes 4, 5 and X. Exp. Cell Res. 61, 474–475 (1970b).
- —, Lindsten, J., Hultén, M.: Fluorescent staining of heteropycnotic chromosome regions in human interphase nuclei. Exp. Cell Res. 61, 472–474 (1970c).
- —, Modest, E. J.: Identification of human chromosomes by DNA-binding fluorescent agents. Chromosoma (Berl.) 30, 215–227 (1970d).
- —, Modest, E. J., Foley, G. E., Wagh, U., Simonsson, E.: DNA-binding fluorochromes for the study of the organization of the metaphase nucleus. Exp. Cell Res. 58, 141–152 (1969).
- George, K. P.: Cytochemical differentiation along human chromosomes. Nature (Lond.) 226, 80–81 (1970).
- Pearson, P. L., Bobrow, M., Vosa, C. G.: Technique for identifying Y chromosomes in human interphase nuclei. Nature. (Lond.) 226, 78–80 (1970).
- Vosa, C. G.: Heterochromatin recognition with fluorochromes. Chromosoma (Berl.) 30, 366–372 (1970).
- Zech, L.: Investigation of metaphase chromosomes with DNA-binding fluorochromes. Exp. Cell Res. 58, 463 (1969).
- A strongly fluorescing abnormal chromosome in a malformed child
Volume 12, Issue 1 , pp 64-66
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors