Reversal time distribution in the perception of visual ambiguous stimuli
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Reversal of perspective for ambiguous optical stimuli (Necker cube, Schröder staircase, honeycomb) has been studied, determining the statistical distribution of time intervals spent on each percept. The experimental distributions can be fitted with the gamma function, characterized by two parameters n, b. The two parameters are not independent, showing a correlatiomn ϱ = 0.74.
Subsequent intervals appear to be largely independent; from the beta distribution for the fraction of time spent on a given percept, one can show that the subjects differ only in regard to the variance of this variable.
- Reversal time distribution in the perception of visual ambiguous stimuli
Volume 10, Issue 3 , pp 139-144
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Laboratorio di Cibernetica e Biofisica del CNR, Camogli, Italy
- 2. Istituto di Scienze Fisiche dell'Università di Genova, Italy
- 3. Istituto di Fisica Generale dell'Universitá di Torino, Italy