Thermal aspects of efficient operation of vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers
- W. NakwaskiAffiliated withCenter for High Technology Materials, University of New MexicoInstitute of Physics, Technical University of Lodz, ul.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Thermal aspects of efficient operation of vertical cavity surface-emitting lasers (VCSELs) are reviewed and discussed. The effects of temperature on VCSEL operation characteristics are considered, including the temperature dependence of their longitudinal mode spectra, their threshold current, and their transverse-mode structure. The principles of operation of ‘temperature-insensitive’ VCSELs are explained.
A comparison between the behaviour of VCSELs and that of conventional edgeemitting lasers is emphasized.
- Thermal aspects of efficient operation of vertical-cavity surface-emitting lasers
Optical and Quantum Electronics
Volume 28, Issue 4 , pp 335-352
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- W. Nakwaski (1) (2)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Center for High Technology Materials, University of New Mexico, EECE Building, Room 125, 87131-6081, Albuquerque, NM, USA
- 2. Institute of Physics, Technical University of Lodz, ul., Wolczanska 219, 93-005, Lodz, Poland