Integrated use of biocontrol agents with fungicides to control wilt incidence in pigeon-pea
- H. Bhatnagar
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
When Trichoderma harzianum and Aspergillus niger, as biocontrol agents, were included with two fungicides, Foltaf 80W (Captafol 80%) and Blue Copper-50, for the treatment of pigeon-pea wilt, the disease was more effectively controlled than when the fungicides were used alone. Accordingly, decreased amounts of the fungicides could be used to control the disease without adversely affecting the growth of pigeon-pea.
- Chet, I., Elad, A., Kalfon, Y., Hadar, Y. & Katan, J. 1982 Integrated control of soil-borne and bulb-borne pathogens in iris. Phytoparasitica 10, 229–236.
- Hadar, Y., Chet, I. & Henis, Y. 1979 Biological control of Rhizoctonia solani damping-off with wheat bran culture of Trichoderma harzianum. Phytopathology 69, 64–68.
- Lewis, J.A. & Papavizas, G.C. 1991 Biocontrol of plant diseases: the approach for tomorrow. Crop Protection 10, 95–105.
- MacLachlan, S. & Zalik, S. 1963 Plastid structure, chlorophyll concentration and free amino acid composition of a chlorophyll mutant of barley. Canadian Journal of Botany 41, 1053–1062.
- Ordentlich, A., Nachmias, A. & Chet, I. 1990 Integrated control of Verticillium dahliae in potato by Trichoderma harzianum and Captan. Crop Protection 9, 363–366.
- Papavizas, G.E. 1987 Genetic manipulation to improve the effectiveness of biocontrol fungi for plant disease control. In Innovative Approaches to Plant Disease Control, ed Chet, l. pp 193–212. New York: John Wiley & Sons.
- Rahe, J.E. & Utkhede, R.S. 1985 Integrated biological and chemical control of sclerotial pathogens. In Ecology and Management of Soilborne Plant Pathogens, eds Parker, C.A., Rovira, A.D., Moore, K.G. & Wong, P.T.W. pp. 124–126, St. Paul, MN: American Phytopathological Society.
- Upadhyay, R.S. & Rai, B. 1984 Wilt disease of pigeon-pea and its causal organism Fusarium udum. In Perspective in Plant Pathology, eds Agnihotri, V.P., Singh, N., Chaube, H.S., Singh, U.S. & Dwivedi, T.S. pp. 241–275. New Delhi, India: Today's and Tomorrow's Printers.
- Windham, M.T., Elad, Y. & Baker, R. 1986 A mechanism for increased plant growth induced by Trichoderma spp. Phytopathology 76, 518–521.
- Wokocha, R. 1990 Integrated control of Sclerotium rolfsii infection of tomato in Nigerian Savanna: effect of Trichoderma viride and some fungicides. Crop Protection 9, 231–234.
- Integrated use of biocontrol agents with fungicides to control wilt incidence in pigeon-pea
World Journal of Microbiology and Biotechnology
Volume 11, Issue 5 , pp 564-566
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- disease management
- integrated control
- Industry Sectors
- H. Bhatnagar (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Botany, Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi-221005, Uttar Pradesh, India