No effect of cisapride on paracetamol absorption after oral simultaneous administration
- D. J. RowbothamAffiliated withUniversity Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- , S. ParnacottAffiliated withUniversity Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
- , W. S. NimmoAffiliated withUniversity Department of Anaesthesia, Royal Hallamshire Hospital
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
We have measured the effect of oral cisapride on paracetamol absorption in 12 healthy volunteers in a double-blind placebo-controlled study. Volunteers received paracetamol plus placebo, paracetamol plus cisapride 10 mg and paracetamol plus cisapride 20 mg.
Mean plasma paracetamol AUC at 60 min were 1070, 1051 and 1031 μg·min·ml−1 and maximum paracetamol concentrations were 31.5, 29.3 and 27.4 μg·ml−1 respectively (no significant differences).
There was no difference also in time to maximum paracetamol concentration [median (range) 30 (15–120), 30 (15–90) and 30 (15–60) min, respectively].
Key wordsCisapride Paracetamol absorption gastric emptying healthy volunteers
- No effect of cisapride on paracetamol absorption after oral simultaneous administration
European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology
Volume 42, Issue 2 , pp 235-236
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Paracetamol absorption
- gastric emptying
- healthy volunteers
- Industry Sectors