Development of singularities in the motion of materials with fading memory
- C. M. Dafermos
- … show all 1 hide
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Dedicated to Walter Noll on his sixtieth birthday
- Coleman, B. D., & M. E. Gurtin, Waves in materials with memory, II. On the growth and decay of one-dimensional acceleration waves. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 19 (1965), 266–298.
- Coleman, B. D., & W. Noll, An approximation theorem for functionals with applications in continuum mechanics. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 6 (1960), 355–370.
- Dafermos, C. M., Dissipation in materials with memory. Proc. Symp. on Viscoelasticity and Rheology held at the MRC, Univ. of Wisconsin, 1984. To be published by Academic Press.
- Dafermos, C. M., & L. Hsiao, Development of singularities in solutions of the equations of nonlinear thermoelasticity. Quart. Appl. Math. (to appear).
- Dafermos, C. M., & J. A. Nohel, A nonlinear hyperbolic Volterra equation in viscoelasticity. Am. J. Math. Suppl. dedicated to P. Hartman (1981), 87–116.
- Hattori, H., Breakdown of smooth solutions in dissipative nonlinear hyperbolic equations. Quart. Appl. Math. 40 (1982), 113–127.
- Hrusa, W. J., A nonlinear functional differential equation in Banach space with applications to materials with fading memory. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 84 (1983), 99–137.
- Klainerman, S., & A. Majda, Formation of singularities for wave equations including the nonlinear vibrating string. Comm. Pure Appl. Math. 33 (1980), 241–263.
- Lax, P. D., Development of singularities of solutions of nonlinear hyperbolic partial differential equations. J. Math. Physics 5 (1964), 611–613.
- MacCamy, R. C., A model for one-dimensional, nonlinear viscoelasticity. Quart. Appl. Math. 35 (1977), 21–33.
- MacCamy, R. C., & V. J. Mizel, Existence and nonexistence in the large of solutions of quasilinear wave equations. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 25 (1967), 299–320.
- Malek-Madani, R., & J. A. Nohel, Formation of singularities for a conservation law with memory. SIAM J. Math. Anal. (to appear).
- Noll, W., A mathematical theory for the mechanical behavior of continuous media. Arch. Rational Mech. Anal. 2 (1958/59), 197–226.
- Development of singularities in the motion of materials with fading memory
Archive for Rational Mechanics and Analysis
Volume 91, Issue 3 , pp 193-205
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- C. M. Dafermos (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Lefschetz Center for Dynamical Systems Division of Applied Mathematics, Brown University, Providence