Simple indices for the assessment of the influences of social environment on growth performance, exemplified by studies on Arctic charr
- Malcolm Jobling
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Brown, G.E., Brown, J.A. and Srivastava, R.K. (1992) The effect of stocking density on the behaviour of Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus L.). Journal of Fish Biology 41, 955–963.
- Christiansen, J.S. and Jobling, M. (1990) The behaviour and the relationship between food intake and growth of juvenile Arctic charr, Salvelinus alpinus L., subjected to sustained exercise. Canadian Journal of Zoology 68, 2185–2191.
- Davis, M.W. and Olla, B.L. (1987) Aggression and variation in growth of chum salmon (Oncorhynchus keta) juveniles in seawater: effects of limited rations. Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 44, 192–197.
- Grant, J.W.A. (1993) Whether or not to defend? The influence of resource distribution. Marine Behaviour and Physiology 23, 137–153.
- Jobling, M. (1995) Feeding of charr in relation to aquaculture. Nordic Journal of Freshwater Research (in press)
- Jobling, M., Jørgensen, E.H., Arnesen, A.M. and Ringø, E. (1993) Feeding, growth and environmental requirements of Arctic charr: a review of aquaculture potential. Aquaculture International 1, 20–46.
- Jørgensen, E.H. and Jobling, M. (1993) Feeding in darkness eliminates density-dependent growth suppression in Arctic charr. Aquaculture International 1, 90–93.
- Jørgensen, E.H., Christiansen, J.S. and Jobling, M. (1993) Effects of stocking density on food intake, growth performance and oxygen consumption in Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus). Aquaculture 110, 191–204.
- McCarthy, I.D., Carter, C.G. and Houlihan, D.F. (1992) The effect of feeding hierarchy on individual variability in daily feeding of rainbow trout, Oncorhynchus mykiss (Walbaum). Journal of Fish Biology 41, 257–263.
- Thorpe, J.E. and Huntingford, F.A. (eds) (1992) The Importance of Feeding Behavior for the Efficient Culture of Salmonid Fishes. World Aquaculture Society: Baton Rouge.
- Winberg, S., Nilsson, G.E. and Olsén, K.H. (1992) Changes in brain serotonergic activity during hierarchic behavior in Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus L.) are socially induced. Journal of Comparative Physiology 170A, 93–99.
- Simple indices for the assessment of the influences of social environment on growth performance, exemplified by studies on Arctic charr
Volume 3, Issue 1 , pp 60-65
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Arctic charr (Salvelinus alpinus)
- Dominance hierarchies
- Feeding behaviour
- Social interactions
- Malcolm Jobling (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. NFH, University of Tromsø, N-9037, Tromsø, Norway