Perseverative interference in monkeys following selective lesions of the inferior prefrontal convexity
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Monkeys with lesions of the inferior frontal convexity were impaired relative to controls in retaining an auditory frequency differentiation (although subsequent thresholds were normal) and in learning object and spatial reversals. Performance was characterized by perseverative interference, a frontal symptom which now seems attributable to damage to the inferior convexity.
- Akert, K.: Comparative anatomy of the frontal cortex and thalamocortical connections. In: “The Frontal Granular Cortex and Behaviour”. Ed. by J. M. Warren and K. Akert. McGraw-Hill. pp. 372–394 (1964).
- Bättig, K., Rosvold, H.E., Mishkin, M.: Comparison of the effects of frontal and caudate lesions on discrimination learning in monkeys. J. comp. physiol. Psychol. 55, 458–463 (1962).
- Brutkowski, S., Mishkin, M., Rosvold, H.E.: Positive and inhibitory motor conditioned reflexes in monkeys after ablation of orbital or dorso-lateral surface of the frontal cortex. In: Central and Peripheral Mechanisms of Motor Functions. Ed. by E. Gutmann and P. Hnik. Prague: Czech. Acad. Sci. pp. 133–141 (1963).
- Iversen, S.D., Weiskrantz, L.: The acquisition of conditional discriminations in Baboons following temporal and frontal lesions. Exp. Neurol. 19, 78–91 (1967).
- Jeffress, L.A.: An electronic switching circuit. Amer. J. Psychol. 63, 257–259 (1950).
- Lawicka, W., Mishkin, M., Rosvold, H. E.: Dissociation of impairment on auditory tasks following orbital and dorsolateral frontal lesions in monkeys. In: Proc. X. Congr. Polish Physiol. Soo. Lublin. Polish Physiol. Soc. p. 178 (1966).
- Mishkin, M.: Perseveration of central sets after frontal lesions in monkeys. In: “The Frontal Granular Cortex and Behaviour”. Ed by J.M. Warren and K. Akert. McGraw-Hill. pp. 219–241 (1964).
- —, Vest, B., Waxier, M., Rosvold, H. E.: A re-examination of the effects of frontal lesions on object alternation. Neuropsychologia 7, 357–363 (1969).
- Pribram, K.H., Chow, K.L., Semmes, J.: Limit and organization of the cortical projection from the medial thalamic nucleus in monkey. J. comp. Neurol. 98, 433–448 (1953).
- Settlage, P., Zable, M., Harlow, H.F.: Problem solution by monkeys following bilateral removal of the prefrontal areas: VI. Performance on tests requiring contradictory reactions to similar and to identical stimuli. J. exp. Psychol. 38, 50–65 (1948).
- Perseverative interference in monkeys following selective lesions of the inferior prefrontal convexity
Experimental Brain Research
Volume 11, Issue 4 , pp 376-386
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Prefrontal cortex
- Supramodal deficit
- Perseverative interference
- Industry Sectors