A reliable method for extraction of RNA from various conifer tissues
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
A simple and efficient procedure suitable for extraction of high-quality RNA from cultured conifer tissues, somatic embryos, zygotic embryos, needles, stem and root tissues was developed. It produced from 100 μg up to 700 μg total RNA per gram tissue dependent on the types of tissues used. RNA quality was estimated by spectrophotometry, agarose gel electrophoresis, in vitro translation of mRNA, cDNA synthesis and Northern blot analysis. The method also worked well with Arabidopsis thaliana and tobacco tissues.
- Bahloul M, Burkard G (1993) Plant Mol. Biol. Repr. 11:212–215.
- Baker SM, White EE, Misra S (1991) Can. J. For. Res. 22:622–624.
- Baker SS, Rugh CL, Kamalay JC (1990) Biotechnique 9:268–272.
- Bommineni VR, Chibbar RN, Datla RSS, Tsang EWT (1993) Plant Cell Rep. 13:17–23.
- Chirgwin JM, Przybyla AE, MacDonald PJ, Rutter WJ (1979) Biochemistry 18:5294–5299.
- Dunstan DI, Bethune TD, Abrams SR (1991) Plant Sci. 76:219–228.
- Graham GC (1993) Plant Mol. Biol Repr. 11:32–37.
- Hughes DW, Galau G (1988) Plant Mol. Biol. Rep. 6:253–257.
- Jefferson RA, Kavanagh TA, Bevan MW (1987) EMBO J. 6:3901–3907.
- John ME (1992) Nuc. Acids Res. 20:2381.
- Lewinsohn E, Steele CL, Croteau R (1994) Plant Mol. Biol. Rep. 12:20–25.
- Logemann J, Schell J, Willmitzer L (1987) Anal. Biochem. 163:16–20.
- Maes M, Messens E (1992) Nuc. Acids Res. 20:4374.
- Sambrook J, Fritsch EF, Maniatis T (1989) Molecular Cloning: A Laboratory Manual. Cold Spring Harbor University Press, Cold Spring Harbor.
- Pelle R and Murphy NB (1993) Nuc. Acids Res. 21:2783–2784.
- Pich U, Schubert I (1993) Nuc. Acids Res. 21:3328.
- Shirzadegan M, Christie P, Seemann JR (1991) Nuc. Acids Res. 19:6055.
- Wadsworth GJ, Redinbaugh MG, Scandalios JG (1988) Anal. Biochem. 172:279–283.
- Whitmore FW, Knebel HB (1987) Can J. For. Res. 17:408–412.
- A reliable method for extraction of RNA from various conifer tissues
Plant Cell Reports
Volume 15, Issue 7 , pp 516-521
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Picea glauca
- RNA extraction
- Industry Sectors