Somatic embryogenesis in polyembryonic Secale cereale L.
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The progeny of polyembryonic Secale cereale L., was used to study the in vitro response of the immature embryos. The formation of embryogenic calli was very high, and this response and its distribution was statistically different to that shown by the normal regenerated plants and the original population. This behaviour seems to be related to a genetic condition which favours the presence of supernumerary embryos, in vivo as well as in vitro.
- Beckert, M, Qing, CM (1984) Theor Appl Genet 68: pp. 247-257
- Birgham, ET, Hurley, LV, Katz, DM, Saunders, W (1975) Crop Sci 15: pp. 719-721
- Lashermes, P, Beckert, M (1988) Theor Appl Genet 76: pp. 405-410
- Linacero, R, Vazquez, AM (1986) Plant Sci 44: pp. 219-222
- Linacero, R, Vazquez, AM (1990) Plant Sci 72: pp. 253-258
- Murashige, T, Skoog, F (1962) Physiol Plant 15: pp. 473-497
- Petolino, JF, Jones, AM, Thompsom, SA (1988) Theor Appl Genet 76: pp. 157-159
- Tomes, DT, Smith, OS (1985) Theor Appl Genet 70: pp. 505-509
- Turcotte, EL, Feaster, CV In: Kasha, KJ eds. (1974) Haploids in Higher Plants. Guelp University, Canada, pp. 53-64
- Vazquez, AM, Espino, FJ, Rueda, J, Candela, M, Sendino, AM (1991) Plant Cell Rep 10: pp. 265-268
- Somatic embryogenesis in polyembryonic Secale cereale L.
Plant Cell Reports
Volume 12, Issue 1 , pp 26-28
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Secale cereale
- Somatic embryogenesis
- Industry Sectors