September 1995, Volume 55, Issue 3, pp 374-381
DDT and its metabolites in western gull eggs from Southern California and Northwestern Baja California
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Anderson, DW, Lumsden HG, Hickey JJ (1970) Geographical variation in the eggshell of common loons. Can Field Nat 84:351–356.
- Anderson, DW, Jehl JR, Risebrough RW, Woods LA, Deweese LR, Edgecomb WG (1975) Brown Pelicans: improved reproduction off the Southern California coast. Science 190:806–808.
- Bligh EG, Dyer WJ (1959) A rapid method of total lipic extraction and purification. Can J Biochem Physiol 37:911–917.
- Galindo-Bect MS, Flores-Baez BP (1991) DDT in Mytillus edulis: spatiotemporal variations in the Punta Banda Estuary, Baja California, Mexico. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 46:179–184.
- Gress F, Risebrough RW, Anderson DW, Kiff LF, Jehl JR (1973) Reproductive failures in Double-crested Cormorants in Southern California and Baja California. Wilson Bull 85:197–208.
- Hickey JJ, Anderson DW (1968) Chlorinated hydrocarbons and eggshell changes in raptorial and fish-eating birds. Science 162:271–273.
- Hunt GL, Hunt MW (1973) Clutch size, hatching success and eggshell thinning in Western Gulls. Condor 75:483–486.
- Jefferies DJ, Walker CH (1966) Uptake of pp′-DDT and its post-mortem breakdown in the avian liver. Nature, London 212:533–534.
- Jehl JR (1973) Studies of a declining population of Brown Pelicans in Northwestern Baja California. Condor 75:69–79.
- Lamont TG, Bagley GE, Reichel WL (1970) Residues of o.p.-DDD and o.p.-DDT in Brown Pelican eggs and Mallard Ducks. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 5:231–236.
- Martin M, Crane D, Lew T, Seto W (1980) California Mussel Watch: 1979–1980 synthetic organic compound in mussels Mytillus californianus and M. edulis, along the California coast and selected harbors and bays. Part II. State Water Resources Control Board, sacramento, California.
- Mora MA, Anderson DW, Mount ME (1987) Seasonal variation of body condition and organochlorines in wild ducks from California and Mexico. J Wildl Manage 51:132–141.
- Ohlendorf HM, Schaffner FC, Custer TW, Stafford CJ (1985) Reproduction and contaminants in terns at San Diego Bay. COI. Waterbirds 8:42–53.
- Peakall DB (1975) Physiological effects of chlorinated hydrocarbons on avian species. Hague R, Freed VH (eds) Environmental dynamics of pesticides. Plenum, New York, p 343–360.
- Periotti R, Annet CA (1990) Diet and reproductive output in seabirds. BioScience 40:568–574.
- Spear LB (1988) Dispersal patterns of Western Gulls from Southeast Farallon Island. Auk 105:128–141.
- Stickel LF, Wiemeyer SN, Blus LF (1973) Pesticide residues in eggs of wild birds: adjustment for loss of moisture and lipids. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 9:193–196.
- Young DR, McDermott D, Heesen TC (1977) Sediments as sources of DDT and PCB. Mar Pollut Bull 8:254–257.
- DDT and its metabolites in western gull eggs from Southern California and Northwestern Baja California
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 55, Issue 3 , pp 374-381
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Area de Ciencias del Mar, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California Sur, Apdo, Postal 219-B, La Paz, B.C.S., Mexico
- 2. Centro de Investigación Científica y de Educación Superior de Ensenada, B.C. Apdo. Postal 2732, Ensenada, B.C., México
- 3. Instituto de Investigaciones Oceanológicas, Universidad Autónoma de Baja California, Apdo. Postal 423, Ensenada, B.C., Mexico