Human NK-2 receptor gene maps to chromosome region 10q11–21
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The human NK-2 receptor gene has been mapped to chromosome 10 using the polymerase chain reaction to amplify specifically the human NK-2 receptor sequence in hamster/human hybrid DNA and also in mouse/human monochromosome hybrids. The assignment to chromosome 10 was confirmed by in situ hybridisation to human metaphase chromosomes, giving a regional localisation of 10q11–21.
- Abbott C, West L, Povey S, Jeremiah S, Murad Z, DiScipio R, Fey G (1989) The gene for human complement component C9 mapped to chromosome 5 by polymerase chain reaction. Genomics 4:606–609.
- Buck SH, Burcher E (1986) A family of peptides with a brood of receptors. Trends Pharmacol Sci 7:65–68.
- Erspamer V (1981) The tachykinin peptide family. Trends Neurosci 4:267–270.
- Gerard NP, Eddy RL Jr, Shows TB, Gerard C (1990) The human neurokinin A (substance K) receptor. J Biol Chem 265:20455–20462.
- Graham A, Hopkins B, Powell SJ, Danks P, Briggs I (1991a) Isolation and characterisation of the human lung NK-2 receptor cDNA and gene. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 177:8–16.
- Graham A, Heath P, Morten JEN, Markham AF (1991b) Human aldose reductase gene maps to chromosome region 7q35. Hum Genet 86:509–514.
- Hershey AD, Krause JE (1990) Molecular characterisation of a functional cDNA encoding the rat substance P receptor. Science 247:958–962.
- Kris RM, South V, Saltzman A, Felder S, Ricca GA, Jaye M, Huebner K, Kagan J, Croce CM, Schlessinger J (1991) Cloning and expression of the human substance K receptor and analysis of its role in mitogenesis. Cell Growth Differ 2:15–22.
- Masu Y, Nakayama K, Tamaki H, Harada Y, Kuno M, Nakanishi S (1987) cDNA cloning of bovine substance K receptor through oocyte expression system. Nature 329:836–838.
- McNeill C, Brown R (1980) Genetic manipulation by means of microcell-mediated transfer of normal human chromosomes into recipient mouse cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 77:5394–5398.
- Nawa H, Doteuchi N, Igano K, Inouye K, Nakanishi S (1984) Substance K: a novel mammalian tachykinin that differs from substance P in its pharmacological profile. Life Sci 34:1153–1160.
- Saiki RK, Scharf S, Faloona F, Mullis KB, Horn GT, Erlich HA, Arnheim N (1985) Enzymatic amplification of β-globin genomic sequences and restriction site analysis for diagnosis of sickle cell anaemia. Science 230:1350–1354.
- Sasai Y, Nakanishi S (1989) Molecular characterisation of rat substance K receptor and its mRNA. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 165:695–702.
- Saxon PJ, Srivatsan ES, Leipzig GV, Sameshima JG, Stanbridge EJ (1985) Selective transfer of individual human chromosomes to recipient cells. Mol Cell Biol 5:140–146.
- Saxon PJ, Srivatsan ES, Stanbridge EJ (1986) Introduction of human chromosome 11 via microcell transfer controls tumourgenic expression of Hela cells. EMBO J 5:3461–3466.
- Shigemoto R, Yokota Y, Tsuchida K, Nakanishi S (1990) Cloning and expression of a rat neuromedin K receptor cDNA. J Biol Chem 265:623–628.
- Yokota Y, Sasai Y, Tanaka K, Fujiwara T, Tsuchida K, Shigemoto R, Kakizuka A, Ohkubo H, Nakanishi S (1989) Molecular characterisation of a functional cDNA for rat substance P receptor. J Biol Chem 264:17649–17652.
- Yunis JJ, Sanchez O (1975) The G-banded prophase chromosomes of man. Hum Genet 27:167–172.
- Human NK-2 receptor gene maps to chromosome region 10q11–21
Volume 88, Issue 2 , pp 200-203
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors