April 1993, Volume 50, Issue 4, pp 540-546
Organochlorine insecticide residues in human breast milk: A survey of lactating mothers from a remote area in Papua New Guinea
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Al-Omar MA, Tanfiq SJ, Al-Ogaily N (1985). Organochlorines residue levels in human milk from Baghdad. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 35:65–67.
- Doucette JS (1978). Is breast feeding still safe for babies? Maternal Child Nursing pp 345–347.
- Drijver M, Duijkers TJ, Kromhout D, Visser TJ, Mulder P, Louw R (1988). Determinants of polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs) in human milk. Acta Paediatr Scand 77: 30–36.
- Hofvander Y, Hagman U, Linder CE, Vaz R, Slorach SA (1981) WHO Collaborative breast feeding study 1978–79. Acta Paediatric Scan 70: 3–8.
- Jenson AA (1983). Chemical contaminants in human milk. Residue Rev 1–108.
- Krauthacker B (1991). Levels of organochlorine pesticides and polychlorinated biphenyls (PCBs)in human milk and serum collected from lactating mothers in the northern Adriatic area of Yugoslavia. Bull Environ Contam Toxicol 46: 797–802.
- Matuo VK, Lopez JNC, Lopez JLC, (1980). DDT levels in human milk from Ribeirao Praeto (Brazil). Rev Brazil Biol 40: 293–296.
- Rama Krisnan N, Kaphalia BS, Seth TD, Roy NK (1985) Organochlorine pesticide residues in mother's milk: A source of toxic chemicals in suckling infants. Human Toxicol 4: 7–12.
- Saxena MC & Siddiqui MKJ (1982). Pesticide pollution in India: Organochlorine pesticides in milk of woman, buffalo and goat. J Dairy Sci 65:430–434.
- Siddiqui MKJ, Saxena MC, Bhargava AK, Krishna Murti CR, Kutty D (1981). Agrochemicals in maternal blood, cord blood: source of toxicants for prenates and neonates. Environ Research 24:24–32.
- Siddiqui MKJ, Saxena MC (1985). Placenta and milk as excretory routes of lipophilic pesticides in women. Human Toxicol 4:249–254.
- Siyali DS, Wilkey IS, Parkinson AD (1973–1974). Organochlorine pesticide residues in human fat samples from Papua New Guinea. Papua New Guinea Med J 17: 111–115.
- Slorach SA, Vaz R (eds) (1983). Global Environmental Monitoring System (GEMS). Assessment of human exposure to selected organochlorine compounds through biological monitoring. Swedish National Food Administration, Uppsala pp 1–134.
- Stacey IS, Perriman WS, Whittney S (1985) Organochloride pesticide residue levels in human milk W.A. 1979–1980. Arch Environ Health 40: 102–108.
- Spicer PE (1987). Herbicides and pesticides in human breast milk. A comparative study of rural and urban mothers' breast milk in N.S.W. Thesis MPH (Sydney) pp 41–51.
- Wolf MS (1983). Occupationally derived chemicals in breast milk. Australian J Indust Med 4: 259–281.
- Organochlorine insecticide residues in human breast milk: A survey of lactating mothers from a remote area in Papua New Guinea
Bulletin of Environmental Contamination and Toxicology
Volume 50, Issue 4 , pp 540-546
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors