Deep-level photoluminescence studies of undoped and tin-doped (LEC) InP
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The effects of tin doping on the deep-level photoluminescence (PL) spectra of (LEC) InP were studied. Specifically, the effect of rapid thermal annealing (RTA) on the deep emission bands labelled as band A (1.13 eV), band B (1.06 eV), band C (1.20 eV) and band D (0.97 eV) were investigated. Band A appeared in both undoped and doped samples, but it disappeared after RTA for all the samples. It is suggested that band A is due to the formation of a complex involving VIn with residual impurities. The disappearance of band A after RTA is concomitant with the appearance of bands B, C and D. The existence of band B is attributed to the complex formation of VP with residual impurities. Band C was observed after the annealing process both in undoped and lightly-tin-doped samples and is believed to be due to the formation of VP single point defects. Band D was only observed in heavily doped samples and it is believed to be the effect of InP antisite defects.
- H. TEMKIN, B. V. DUTT, W. A. BONNER and V. G. KERAMIDAS, J. Appl. Phys. 53 (1982) 7526.
- H. TEMKIN, B. V. DUTT and W. A. BONNER, Appl. Phys. Lett. 38 (1981) 431.
- A. N. GEORGOBIANI, A. V. MIKULYONOK, I. G. STOYANOVA and I. M. TIGINYANU, Phys. Status Solidi (a) 80 (1983) 109.
- A. SIBILLE, E. V. K. RAO and A. MIRCEA, Physica 117B, 118B (1983) 176.
- A. N. GEORGOBIANI, A. V. MIKULYONOK, I. G. STOYANOVA and I. M. TIGINYANU, Cryst. Latt. Def. Amorph. Mater. 13 (1987) 169.
- T. D. THOMPSON, J. BARBARA and M. C. RIDGAY, J. Appl. Phys. 71 (1992) 6073.
- W. H. KOSCHEL, U. KAUFMANN and S. G. BISHOP, Solid State Commun 21 (1977) 1069.
- J. B. MULLIN, A. ROYLE, B. W. STRAUGHAN, P. J. TUFTON and E. W. Williams, Cryst. Growth 13/14 (1972) 640.
- L. A. DEMBEREL, A. S. PAPOV, D. B. REV and N. N. ZHELEVA, Phys. Status Solidi (a) 52 (1979) 341.
- P. W. YU, Solid State Commun. 34 (1980) 183.
- Y. YAMAZOE, Y. SASAI, T. NISHINO and Y. HAMAKAWA, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 20 (1981) 347.
- L. EAVES and A. W. SMITH, J. Appl. Phys. 53 (1982) 4955.
- A. N. GEORGOBIANI, A. V. MIKULYONOK, E. I. PANASYUK, S. I. RADAUTSAN and I. M. TIGINYANU, Fiz. Tekn. Poluprov 17 (1983) 593.
- Mulpuri V. RAO, J. Appl. Phys. 64 (1988) 2426.
- K. HUANG and B. W. WESSELS, idem. J. Appl. Phys. 60 (1986) 4342.
- J. K. LUO, T. KIMURA, S. YUGO and Y. ADACHI, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 26 (1987) 582.
- C. PICKERING, P. R. TAPSTER, P. J. DEAN, L. L. TAYLOR, P. L. GILES and DAVIES, J. Cryst. Growth 64 (1983) 142.
- R. C. C. LEITE, Phys. Rev. 157 (1976) 672.
- F. A. KROGER, in The chemistry of imperfect crystals (North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1964).
- S. BANERJEE, A. K. SRIVASTAVA and B. M. ARORA, J. Appl. Phys. 68 (1990) 2324.
- M. YAMADA, P. K. TEIN, R. J. MARTIN, R. E. NAHORY and A. A. BALLMAN, i Lett. 43 (1983) 594.
- B. TRUK and L. HOOPER, J. Phys. 8 (1975) 1806.
- A. N. GEORGOBIANI, A. V. MIKULENOK, E. I. PANASYUK, S. I. RADAUSTAN and I. M. TIGINYANU, Sov. Phys. Semicond. 17 (1983) 370.
- H. C. CASEY and K. W. Wecht, J. Appl. Phys. 46 (1975) 250.
- M. BUGAJSKI and W. LEWANDOWSKI, idem. J. Appl. Phys. 57 (1985) 521.
- Deep-level photoluminescence studies of undoped and tin-doped (LEC) InP
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
Volume 5, Issue 4 , pp 215-220
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors