Field extensions and isotropic subspaces in symplectic geometry
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Let L/k be a finite field extension and let (V, B) be a finite dimensional symplectic space over L. We examine the action of the symplectic group Sp L (V) on the set of B′-isotropic k-subspaces of V, where B′=ψ°B is the k-symplectic form induced by a ‘trace’ map ψ:L→k. The orbits are completely classified in the case of a quadratic extension and for maximal B′-isotropic subspaces in the case of a cubic extension; the number of orbits of maximal B′-isotropic subspaces is shown to be infinite if the degree of the extension is at least 4.
- Garret, P. (1987) Decomposition of Eisenstein series: Rankin triple products. Ann. of Math. 125: pp. 209-235
- Piatetski-Shapiro, I., Rallis, S. (1987) Rankin triple L-functions. Compositio Math. 64: pp. 31-115
- Rabau, P., ‘Action on Grassmannians associated with a field extension’, Trans. Amer. Math. Soc., (to appear).
- Field extensions and isotropic subspaces in symplectic geometry
Volume 34, Issue 3 , pp 281-293
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links