On the products of cross-ratios on diagonals of polygons
- Joseph Zaks
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The purpose of this paper is to establish a conjecture of B. Grünbaum, which states that in every n-polygon P in the plane, n ≥ 5, some diagonals intersect in a pattern that defines a new n-polygon δ(P), such that the product of the cross-rations on the diagonals of P is equal to the product of the corresponding cross-ratios on the diagonals of δ(P).
- Grünbaum, B.: Quadrangles, pentagons and computers, Geombinatorics 3 (1993), 4–9.
- Grünbaum, B.: Quadrangles, pentagons and computers, revisited, Geombinatorics 4 (1994), 11–16.
- Moran, M.: About a conjecture of Schoenberg on nested polygons, in C. Alsina et al. (eds) European Conference on Iteration Theory (ECIT 87), Caldes de Malavella, Spain, Sept. 1987, World Scientific, Washington, D.C., 1990, pp. 295–305.
- Schwartz, R.: The pentagram map, Exper. Math. 1 (1992), 71–81.
- On the products of cross-ratios on diagonals of polygons
Volume 60, Issue 2 , pp 145-151
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Grünbaum conjecture
- Industry Sectors
- Joseph Zaks (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. University of Haïfa, 31905, Haïfa, Israel