Influence of the culture oxygenation on the release of LDH by hybridoma cells
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
The viability of hybridoma cells grown in reactors is investigated with two methods: the Trypan Blue staining of dead cells and the release of the cytoplasmic lactate dehydrogenase (LDH). Linear correlations are found between the number of counted dead cells and the measured LDH activity in the supernatant both when cells are grown with and without oxygen limitations. However the release of LDH is significantly higher for the oxygen limited culture (620 IU LDH / 109 cells) than for the non-oxygen limited culture (270 IU LDH / 109 cells).
- Abu-Reesh I. and Kargi F. (1989) J. Biotech. 9, 167–178.
- Bour J.M., Maugras M., Capiaumont J., Dousset B., Straczek J., Gelot M.A., Nabet P. (1988) Bio-Sciences 7, 2, 35–40.
- Chittur K.K., McIntire L.V. and R.R. Rich (1988) Biotech. Prog. 4, 2, 89–9.
- Gervaise C. (1989) PhD Thesis, INPL Nancy, France
- McQueen A., Meilhoc and Bailey J.E. (1987) Biotechnol. Lett. 9, 12, 831–836.
- Murdin A.D., Thorpe J.S., Kirkby N., Groves D.J. and Spier R.E. (1987) In: Proc. Internat. Conf. on Bioreactors and Biotransformations, 9–12 November 1987, Gleneagles, Scotland, G.W.Woody and P.B.Baker, eds. pp. 99–110.
- Petersen J.F., McIntire L.V. and Papoutsakis E.T. (1988) J. Biotech. 7, 229–246
- Spier R.E. (1977) Biotech. Bioeng. 19, 929–932.
- Influence of the culture oxygenation on the release of LDH by hybridoma cells
Volume 4, Issue 4 , pp 257-262
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors