The World Health Organization's programme for the prevention of blindness
- B. Thylefors
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Available data on blindness (update 1987). Geneva: World Health Organization, 1987. 23 p. (WHO/PBL/87.14). Unpublished.
- Prost, A, Vaugelade, J (1981) La surmortalité des aveugles en zone de savane ouest-africaine. Bulletin de l'Organisation mondiale de la Santé 59: pp. 773-6
- Eighth General Programme of Work covering the period 1990–1995. Geneva: World Health Organization. Health for All' Series 1987; No. 10: p 209.
- Blindness surveillance. September 1979. Reprinted from WHO Epidemiological Record.
- Strategies for the prevention of blindness in national programmes - A primary health care approach. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1984; p 88.
- Report of the Eighth Meeting of the WHO Programme Advisory Group on the Prevention of Blindness. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1989; p 49. (WHO/PBL/89.17). Unpublished.
- Report of a task force on evaluation mechanisms for programmes for the prevention of blindness. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1984; p 15. (WHO/PBL/84.9). Unpublished.
- Kupfer, C (1984) The conquest of cataract: A global challenge. Trans ophthal Soc UK 104: pp. 1-10
- Report of the Interregional Meeting on the Management of Cataract within Primary Health Care Systems. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1987; p 20. (WHO/PBL/87.13). Unpublished.
- Report of the Interregional Meeting on Control of Corneal Blindness within Primary Health Care Systems. Geneva: World Health Organization, 1989; p 22. (WHO/PBL/89.16). Unpublished.
- Taylor, HR (1985) The ecology of trachoma: an epidemiological study in southern Mexico. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 63: pp. 559-67
- Dawson, CR (1981) Guide to trachoma control. World Health Organization, Geneva
- Thylefors, B (1987) A simple system for the assessment of trachoma and its complications. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 65: pp. 477-83
- Technical Report Series No. 752. World Health Organization, Geneva
- Mectizan™ (ivermectin, MSD) - Product Monograph and Physycians Circular. Rahway, New Jersey: Merck & Co., Inc., 1988; p 89.
- Dadzie, KY (1986) The effect of 7–8 years of vector control on the evolution of ocular onchocerciasis in West African Savanna. Trop Med Parasit 37: pp. 263-70
- Foster, A, Sommer, A (1986) Childhood blindness from corneal ulceration in Africa: causes, prevention, and treatment. Bulletin of the World Health Organization 64: pp. 619-23
- Sommer, A (1986) Impact of vitamin A supplementation on childhood mortality. Lancet i: pp. 1169-73
- Vitamin A supplements - A guide to their use in the treatment and prevention of vitamin A deficiency and xerophthalmia. World Health Organization, Geneva
- Gottlieb, LK (1983) Glaucoma screening. A cost-effectiveness analysis. Survey of Ophthalmology 28: pp. 206-26
- Foster, A, Johnson, GJ (1987) Diagnosis of primary open angle glaucoma. Tropical Doctor 17: pp. 164-70
- Roper-Hall, MJ (1978) Prevention of blindness from trauma. Trans ophthal Soc UK 98: pp. 313-4
- The use of residual vision by visually disabled persons. Copenhagen: World Health Organization. EURO Reports and Studies No. 41, 1981; p 28.
- The World Health Organization's programme for the prevention of blindness
Volume 14, Issue 3 , pp 211-219
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- B. Thylefors (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Programme Manager Prevention of Blindness World Health Organization, 27, Geneva, Switzerland