Aerobic treatment of dairy wastewater
- Herbert H. P. Fang
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Wastewater from a dairy plant with an average BOD5 of 1060 mg/l and an average TKN of 109 mg/l was treated aerobically using three activated sludge reactors in series. With an overall retention time of 19.8 hrs, the final effluent contained 9 mg/l of BOD5 and 10 mg/l of TKN, corresponding to respective reductions of 99% and 91%.
- APHA, AWWA, and WPCF,(1985). Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 16th Edition, American Public Health Association, Washington D. C.
- Gilde, L. C., and Aly, O. M.(1976). Water Pollution Control in the Food Industry in Industrial Wastewater Management Handbook, Azad, H. S., Ed., McGraw-Hill, New York, 5.1–5.51.
- Marshall, K. R., and Harper, W. J.(1984). The Treatment of Wastes from the Dairy Industry. In: Survey in Industrial Wastewater Treatment, Barnes, D., et al. eds., Part 1, Pitman, London, 296–376.
- Aerobic treatment of dairy wastewater
Volume 4, Issue 1 , pp 1-4
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Civil Engineering Department, University of Hong Kong, Pokfulam Road, Hong Kong