New developments in LISREL: analysis of ordinal variables using polychoric correlations and weighted least squares
- Karl G. Jöreskog
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The material of this article was presented at the International Conference on Social Science Methodology in Dubrovnik, Yugoslavia, May 30–June 3, 1988. The research reported has been supported by the Swedish Council for Research in the Humanities and Social Sciences (HSFR) under the program Multivariate Statistical Analysis.
- Aish, A. M., Jöreskog, K. G. (1990) A panel model for political efficacy and responsiveness: an application of LISREL 7 with weighted least squares. Quality and Quantity 24: pp. 405-426
- Anderson, T. W. and Amemiya, Y. (1985). The asymptotic normal distribution of estimators in factor analysis under general conditions. Technical Report No. 12, Econometric Workshop, Stanford University.
- Browne, M. W. (1974) Generalized least squares estimators in the analysis of covariance structures. South African Statistical Journal 8: pp. 1-24
- Browne, M. W. Covariance structures. In: Hawkins, D. M. eds. (1982) Topics in Applied Multivariate Analysis. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, pp. 27-141
- Browne, M. W. (1984) Asymptotically distribution-free methods for the analysis of covariance structures. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology 37: pp. 62-83
- Browne, M. W. (1987) Robustness of statistical inference in factor analysis and related models. Biometrika 74: pp. 375-384
- Cudeck, R. (1989) The analysis of correlation matrices using covariance structure models. Psychological Bulletin 105: pp. 317-327
- Cudeck, R., Browne, M. W. (1983) Cross-validation of covariance structures. Multivariate Behavioral Research 18: pp. 147-157
- Harlow, L. L. (1985). “Behavior of some elliptical theory estimators with nonnormal data in a covariance structures framework: a Monte Carlo study”, Ph.D. Thesis. University of California, Los Angeles.
- Johnson, N. L., Kotz, S. (1970) Distributions in Statistics: Continuous Univariate Distributions-1. Wiley, New York
- Jöreskog, K. G. (1981) Analysis of covariance structures. Scandinavian Journal of Statistics 8: pp. 65-92
- Jöreskog, K. G. (1986). Estimation of the polyserial correlation from summary statistics. Research Report 86-2. University of Uppsala, Department of Statistics.
- Jöreskog, K. G., Sörbom, D. (1988) PRELIS, a program for Multivariate Data Screening and Data Summarization. A preprocessor for LISREL. Scientific Software, Inc., Mooresville, Indiana
- Jöreskog, K. G., Sörbom, D. (1989) LISREL 7, a Guide to the Program and Applications. SPSS Publications, Chicago
- Laake, P. (1987). “Studies of performance in models with non-linear covariance structure: a non-robust and a robust approach”, unpublished Ph.D. Dissertation, University of Oslo, Norway.
- Olsson, U. (1979) Maximum likelihood estimation of the polychoric correlation coefficient. Psychometrika 44: pp. 443-460
- Shapiro, A. (1987) Robustness properties of the MDF analysis of moment structures. South African Journal 21: pp. 39-62
- New developments in LISREL: analysis of ordinal variables using polychoric correlations and weighted least squares
Quality and Quantity
Volume 24, Issue 4 , pp 387-404
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- Karl G. Jöreskog (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Statistics, University of Uppsala, P.O. Box 513, S-75120, Uppsala, Sweden