Closing the Massachusetts public training schools
- Robert D. BehnAffiliated withDuke University
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
One successful effort at policy termination—the closing of the Massachusetts public training schools—is examined. The analysis includes: how the tactics of survival which maintain most governmental organizations and most public policies were neutralized; how the barriers to implementation of the termination policy were overcome; how the new replacement policy—the privately operated, community-based, group-homes policy—was consolidated; and a preliminary evaluation of the termination tactics and the new policy.
- Closing the Massachusetts public training schools
Volume 7, Issue 2 , pp 151-171
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Robert D. Behn (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Duke University, 27706, Durham, North Carolina, U.S.A.