Lactase production in continuous culture by Trichoderma reesei Rut-C30
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Trichoderma reesei Rut-C30 was found to produce extracellular lactase when grown on lactose medium. Maximum enzyme levels in continuous culture were observed at dilution rates (D) between 0.02 and 0.027 hr-1. The enzyme productivity reached 27.3 U/L hr at D = 0.027 hr-1. Lactase synthesis appears to be inducible and subject to catabolite repression. Optimal growth temperature and pH for enzyme production were 28°C and pH 5. Maximum enzyme activity was observed at 63°C and pH 4.6. The apparent Km, based on the nitrophenyl-galactopyranoside assay was estimated as 0.4 mM. The enzyme is suitable for lactose hydrolysis in acid whey.
- Allen, A.L. and Andreotti, R.E. (1982). Biotechnol. Bioeng. Symp. No.12, 451–459.
- Borglum, G.B. and Sternberg, M.Z. (1972). J. Food. Sci.37:619–623
- Dixon, M. (1953). Biochem. J.55:170–171.
- Frein, E.M., Montenecourt, B.S. and Eveleigh, D.E. (1982). Biotechnol. Letter. 4:287–292.
- Friend, B.A. and Shahani, K.M. (1982). Biotechnol. Bioeng. 24:329–345.
- Hendy, N.A., Wilke, C.R. and Blanch, H.W. (1984). Enzyme Microb. Technol.6:73–77.
- Lineweaver, H. and Burk, D. (1934). J. Amer. Chem. Soc.56:658–666.
- Lowry, O.H., Rosenbrough,. N.J., Farr, N.J. and Randall, S.L. (1951). J. Biol. Chem.193:265–275.
- Macris, J.B. (1981). Eur. J. Appl. Microbiol. Biotechnol.13:161–164
- Ogushi, S., Yoshimoto, T. and Tsuru, D. (1980). J. Ferment. Technol.58:115–122.
- Park, Y.K., DeSanti, M.S.S. and Pastore, G.M. (1979). J. Food Sci.44: 100–103.
- Pastore, G.M. and Park, Y.K. (1980). J. Ferment. Technol.58:79–81.
- Ryu, D., Andreotti, R., Mandels, M., Gallo, G., and Reese, E.T. (1979).Biotechnol. Bioeng.21:1887–1903
- Tangnu, S.K., Blanch, H.W. and Wilke, C.R. (1981). Biotechnol. Bioeng.21:1837–1849.
- Toda, K. (1981). J. Chem. Technol. Biotechnol.31:775–790.
- Warzywoda, M., Ferre, V. and Pourquie, J. (1983a). Biotchnol. Bioeng.21:3005–3010.
- Warzywoda, M., Vandecasteele, J.P. and Pourquie, J. (1983b). Biotechnol. Letters5:243–246.
- Lactase production in continuous culture by Trichoderma reesei Rut-C30
Volume 6, Issue 9 , pp 593-596
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors