Optical properties of some luminescent solar concentrators
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Luminescent solar concentrator (LSC) samples with polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) as the matrix substrate have been prepared by a casting method using the organic laser dyes: Rh.6G, Rh.B and K1. Optical absorption measurements have been carried out in the wavelength region 200–900 nm at room temperature before and after the samples have been exposed to sunlight for up to 95 days. The obtained spectra in the visible region are interpreted in terms of photodegradation of the dye molecules. On the other hand, the u.v. spectra and the optical absorption edge are analysed in the light of approaches delivered by Urbach and by Davis and Mott.
- B. A. SWARTZ, T. COLE and A. H. ZEWAIL, Opt. Lett. 1 (1977) 73.
- A. GOETZBURGER and W. GREUBEL, Appl. Phys. 14 (1977) 123.
- J. S. BATCHELDER, A. H. ZEWAIL and T. COLE, Appl. Opt. 20 (1981) 3733.
- J. A. LEVITT and W. H. WEBER, ibid. 16 (1977) 2684.
- I. I. PEREPECHKO, An introduction to polymer physics (Mir, Moscow, 1981) p. 16.
- F. P. SHÄFER, Dye lasers, 3rd Edn (Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990) p. 9.
- E. A. DAVIS and N. F. MOTT, Phil. Mag. 22 (1970) 903.
- F. URBACH, Phys. Rev. 92 (1953) 324.
- N. K. MADI, W. M. ABOUTALEB, N. Abdel REHIM and M. E. KASSEM, J. Rad. Effects 129 (1994) 345.
- A. A. HIGAZY, A. HUSSEIN, M. A. EWAIDA and M. J. EL-HOFY, Mater. Sci. Lett. 7 (1988) 453.
- M. V. KURIK, Phys. Status Solidi 8 (1971) 9.
- M. ZANINI and I. TAUC, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 23 (1977) 349.
- J. D. DOW and D. REDFIELD, Phys. Rev. B1 (1970) 3358.
- H. TICHA, L. TICHY, N. RYSAVA and A. TRISKA, J. Non-Cryst. Solids 74 (1985) 37.
- K. H. DREXHAGE, in Dye Lasers, 3rd Edn, edited by F. P. SHÄFER (Springer-Verlag, New York, 1990) p. 144.
- Optical properties of some luminescent solar concentrators
Journal of Materials Science: Materials in Electronics
Volume 7, Issue 3 , pp 171-174
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors