Lactic acid production by Lactobacillus delbreuckii in a hollow fiber fermenter
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Lactic acid was produced by viable Lactobacillus delbreuckii NRRL-B445 in a hollow fiber fermenter. Final cell densities in the fluid surrounding the fibers in the fermenter were apparently as high as 480 gms DW/L, and volumetric productivities reached 100 gms/L-hr lactic acid. The observed cell yields were appreciably lower than batch cell yields.
- Abbott, B.J. (1977) Annual Reports on Fermentation Processes 1: pp. 205-233
- Friedmann, Norton R., Gaden, Elmer L. (1970) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 12: pp. 961-974
- Inloes D., Robertson, C.R., Michaels, A.S., (1982) IEC-ACE Winter Symp., Boulder, CO, Jan. 1982.
- Kan, J.K., Shuler, M.L. (1978) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 20: pp. 217-230
- Kim, Shin Seung, Cooney, D.O. (1976) Chemical Engineering Science 21: pp. 289-294
- Mattiasson, Bo, Ramstorp, Matts (1981) Biotechnol. Letters 3: pp. 561-566
- Michaels, A.S., Robertson, C.R., Cohen, S.N., (1980) ACS Symp., Paper 61, Las Vegas, NV. November.
- Waterland, L.R., Michaels, A.S., Robertson, C.R. (1974) AIChE J. 20: pp. 50-59
- Webster, I.A., Shuler, M.L. (1978) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 20: pp. 1541-1556
- Webster, I.A., Shuler, M.L. (1979) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 21: pp. 1725-1748
- Webster, I.A., Shuler, M.L. (1981) Biotechnol. Bioeng. 23: pp. 447-450
- Lactic acid production by Lactobacillus delbreuckii in a hollow fiber fermenter
Volume 4, Issue 8 , pp 483-488
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors