Incumbent performance and electoral control
- John Ferejohn
- … show all 1 hide
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Senior Research Fellow at the Hoover Institution and Professor of Political Science at Stanford University. Special thanks are due to David Baron, Joseph Greenberg, Tom Palfrey, and Tom Romer for careful reading and criticism of earlier versions of this paper.
- Barro, R. (1973) The Control of Politicians: An Economic Model. Public Choice, 14: 19–42.
- Becker, G. and Stigler, G. (1974) Law Enforcement, Malfeasance, and the Compensation of Enforcers. Journal of Legal Studies, 1: 1–18.
- Chappell, H. and Keech, W. (1985) A New View of Political Accountability for Economic Performance. American Political Science Review, 79: 10–27.
- Fiorina, M. (1981) Retrospective Voting in American National Elections. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Key, V. (1966) The Responsible Electorate. New York: Vintage Books.
- Kiewiet, D. (1983) Macroeconomics and Micropolitics. Chicago: Chicago Press.
- Kramer, G. (1977) A Dynamical Model of Political Equilibrium. Journal of Economic Theory, 16: 310–334.
- — (1971) Short Term Fluctuations in U.S. Voting Behavior, 1896–1964. The American Political Science Review, 65: 131–143.
- Mayhew, D. (1974) Congress: The Electoral Connection. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- McKelvey, R. (1975) Policy Related Voting and Electoral Equilibrium. Econometrica, 43: 815–843.
- Nordhaus, W. (1975) The Political Business Cycle. The Review of Economic Studies, 42: 169–190.
- Page, B. and Jones, C. (1979) Reciprocal Effects of Policy References, Party Loyalties and the Vote. The American Political Science Review, 73: 1071–1089.
- Tufte, E. (1978) Political Control of the Economy. Princeton: Princeton University Press.
- Incumbent performance and electoral control
Volume 50, Issue 1-3 , pp 5-25
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors