Screening of a synthetic pentapeptide library composed of d-amino acids against fructose-1,6-biphosphate aldolase
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A synthetic peptide library, theoretically composed of 537 824 d-amino acid pentapeptides anchored on polystyrene beads, was prepared with each bead bearing a single pentapeptide sequence. This library was screened for interaction with fructose-1,6-biphosphate aldolase of T. brucei labelled with biotin. Affinity beads that bound the enzyme were selected with streptavidin-coated magnetic beads. A total of 19 beads were isolated and individually subjected to Edman microsequence analysis. The corresponding peptide sequences were synthesized and evaluated for enzyme activity inhibition.
- Lam, K.S., Salmon, S.E., Hersh, E.M., Hruby, V.J., Kazmierski, W.M. and Knapp, R.J., Nature, 354 (1991) 82.
- Fields, G.B. and Noble, R.L., Int. J. Pept. Protein Res., 35 (1990) 161.
- Harlow, E. and Lane, D. (Eds.) Antibodies, A Laboratory Manual, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory Press, Cold Spring Harbor, NY, 1988.
- Rozenski, J., Samson, I., Janssen, G., Busson, R., VanAerschot, A. and Herdewijn, P., Org. Mass Spectrom., 29 (1994) 654.
- Samson, I., Kerremans, L., Rozenski, J., Samyn, B., VanBeeumen, J., VanAerschot, A. and Herdewijn, P., Bioorg. Med. Chem., 3 (1995) 257.
- Misset, O. and Opperdoes, R., Eur. J. Biochem., 144 (1984) 475.
- Screening of a synthetic pentapeptide library composed of d-amino acids against fructose-1,6-biphosphate aldolase
Letters in Peptide Science
Volume 2, Issue 3-4 , pp 259-260
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- d-amino acids
- Magnetic beads
- Industry Sectors
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Laboratory of Medicinal Chemistry (F.F.W.), Rega Institute for Medical Research, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Minderbroedersstraat 10, B-3000, Leuven, Belgium
- 2. Department of Biochemistry, Physiology and Microbiology, Rijks Universiteit Gent, K.L. Ledeganckstraat 35, B-9000, Gent, Belgium