A theory of the upper critical field in antiferromagnetic superconductors
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
A generalized Ginzburg-Landau approach is used to study the nonmonotonic temperature dependence of the upper critical field H c 2(T) in antiferromagnetic superconductors RE(Mo)6S8; RE = Dy, Tb, Gd. It is found that electrodynamic effects incorporated through screening and indirect coupling between the staggered magnetization M Q (T) and superconducting order parameter ψ cannot explain the observed nonmonotonicity. This suggests that the direct coupling between the two order parameters should be considered to understand the experimental results, a finding which is consistent with recent microscopic calculations.
- M. Ishikawa and ø. Fisher, Solid State Commun. 24, 747 (1977); ø. Fischer, Appl. Phys. 16, 1 (1978).
- M. Ishikawa, ø. Fischer, and J. Huller, J. Phys. Paris C6-1379 (1978).
- D. E. Moncton, G. Shirane, W. Thomlinnson, M. Ishikawa, and ø. Fischer, Phys. Rev. Lett. 41, 1133 (1978).
- S. Maekawa and M. Tachiki, Phys. Rev. B 18, 4688 (1978).
- K. P. Sinha, Solid State Commun. 31, 201 (1979).
- E. I. Blount and C. M. Varma, Phys. Rev. Lett. 42, 1079 (1979); Phys. Rev. B 22, 3507 (1980).
- M. V. Jarić, Phys. Rev. B 22, 3503 (1980).
- M. Tachiki, H. Matsumoto, and H. Umezawa, Phys. Rev. 20, 1915 (1979).
- M. V. Jarić and M. Bellic, Phys. Rev. Lett. 42, 1015 (1979).
- K. Machida, J. Low Temp. Phys. 37, 583 (1979).
- A. L. Fetter and J. D. Walecka, Quantum Theory of Many Particle Systems (McGraw-Hill, New York, 1971).
- H. Suhl, J. Less Common Met. 62, 225 (1978).
- N. C. Das and S. D. Mahanti (to be published).
- A theory of the upper critical field in antiferromagnetic superconductors
Journal of Low Temperature Physics
Volume 44, Issue 1-2 , pp 1-10
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors