Suffering in style
- Richard A. Shweder
- … show all 1 hide
368 Downloads 200 Citations 9 Comments
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
- Eisenberg, L. 1977 Disease and Illness. Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry 1: 9–23.
- Haviland, J. B. n.d. Inner States and Body Metaphor. Unpublished manuscript, available from the author. Department of Linguistics, Reed College, Portland, Oregon.
- Jindal, R. C., Rastogi, V. S., and Rana, S. S. 1978 A Study of General Weakness in Psychoneurosis. Indian Journal of Psychiatry 20: 277–280.
- Kelly, W. R. n.d. The Reasons for Dhat Syndrome, or Fear of Semen Loss in India. Unpublished manuscript, available from the author. Department of Anthropology, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois 60637.
- Kleinman, A. 1986 Social Origins of Distress and Disease. New Haven: Yale University Press.
- Kleinman, A. 1986 Social Origins of Distress and Disease. A Current Anthropology Book Review. Current Anthropology 27: 499–509.
- Kleinman, A. 1986 Some Uses and Misuses of the Social Sciences in Medicine. In D. W. Fiske and R. A. Shweder (eds.), Metatheory in Social Science: Pluralisms and Subjectivities. Chicago: University of Chicago Press.
- Murdock, G. P. 1980 Theories of Illness. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press.
- Nuckolls, C. 1986 Culture and Causal Thinking. Unpublished Ph.D. Dissertation. Department of South Asian Languages and Civilizations, University of Chicago.
- Shweder, R. A. 1987 How To Look At Medusa Without Turning to Stone. Contributions to Indian Sociology 21: 37–56.
- Suffering in style
Culture, Medicine and Psychiatry
Volume 12, Issue 4 , pp 479-497
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Committee on Human Development, University of Chicago, 5730 South Woodlawn Avenue, 60637, Chicago, IL, U.S.A.