In vitro propagation of the leguminous tree Swartzia madagascariensis
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Shoot induction frequency for the leguminous tree Swartzia madagascariensis Desv. was higher on MS and WP media than on B5. Explants incubated on media solidified with agar produced more shoots with a lower tendency to hyperhydricity than explants on agarose or Gelrite media. Maximum shoot induction was obtained with an agar-solidified MS medium containing 2.2 μM benzyladenine (37 shoots/explant). Shoots rooted after transfer to half-strength MS medium supplemented with 26.8 μM naphthaleneacetic acid.
- Gamborg OL, Miller RA & Ojima K (1968) Nutrient requirements of suspension cultures of soybean root cells. Exp. Cell Res. 50: 151–158.
- Gaspar T, Kevers C, Debergh P, Maene L, Paques M & Boxus P (1987) Vitrification: morphological, physiological and ecological aspects. In: Bonga JM & Durzan DJ (Eds) Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry, Vol 1 (pp 152–166). M. Nijhoff Publ., Dordrecht
- Lloyd GB & McCown BH (1981) Commercially feasible micropropagation of mountain laurel (Kalmia latifolia) by use of shoot tip culture. Comb. Proc. Int. Plant Propagators Soc. 30: 421–437.
- MacRae S & Van Staden J (1990) In vitro culture of Eucalyptus grandis: effect of gelling agents on propagation. J. Plant Physiol. 137: 249–251.
- McCown BH & Sellmer JC (1987) General media and vessels suitable for woody plant culture. In: Bonga JM & Durzan DJ (Eds) Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry, Vol 1 (pp 4–16) M. Nijhoff Publ., Dordrecht
- McCown DD & McCown BH (1987) North American hardwoods. In: Bonga JM & Durzan DJ (Eds) Cell and Tissue Culture in Forestry, Vol 3 (pp 247–260). M. Nijhoff Publ., Dordrecht
- Murashige T & Skoog F (1962) A revised medium for rapid growth and bioassays with tobacco tissue cultures. Physiol. Plant. 15: 473–497
- Scherer PA, Müller E, Lippert H & Wolff G (1988) Multielement analysis of agar and gelrite impurities in vestigated by inductively coupled plasma emission spectrometry as well as physical properties of tissue culture media prepared with agar or the gellan gum gelrite. Acta Hort. 226: 655–658
- Suter R, Tanner M, Borel C, Hostettmann K & Freyvogel TA (1986) Laboratory and field trials at Ifakara (Kilombero district, Tanzania) on the plant molluscicide Swartzia madagascariensis. Acta Tropica 43: 69–83
- Ziv M (1991) Vitrification: morphological and physiological disorders of in vitro plants. In: Debergh PC & Zimmerman RH (Eds) Micropropagation: Technology and Application (pp 45–69). Kluwer Academic Publ., Dordrecht
- In vitro propagation of the leguminous tree Swartzia madagascariensis
Plant Cell, Tissue and Organ Culture
Volume 40, Issue 3 , pp 289-291
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- shoot induction
- Industry Sectors