Microsatellites: genetic markers for the future
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
- Bentzen P., Harris A. and Wright J.M. (1991) Cloning of hypervariable minisatellite and simple sequence microsatellite repeats for DNA fingerprinting of important aquacultural species of salmonids and tilapia. In: Burke T., Dolf G.A., Jeffreys A.J. and Wolf R., eds. DNA Fingerprinting: Approaches and Applications. Basel: Birkhauser Verlag, pp. 243–62.
- Brooker, A., Cook, D., Bentzen, P., Wright, J.M. and Doyle, R.W. (1994) The organization of microsatellites differs between mammals and cold-water teleost fishes. Can. J. Fish. aquat. Sci. (in press)
- Carr S.M. and Marshall H.D. (1991) A direct measurement of genetic variation in fish populations; applications of the polymerase chain reaction to studies of Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua). J. Fish Biol. 39 (Suppl. A), 101–7.
- Carvalho G.R. and Hauser L. (1994) Molecular genetics and the stock concept in fisheries. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish. 4, 326–50.
- Ferguson M. (1994) The role of molecular genetic markers in the management of cultured fishes. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish. 4, 351–73.
- Mork J., Ryman N., Ståhl G., Utter F.M. and Sudnes G. (1985) Genetic variation in Atlantic cod (Gadus morhua) throughout its range. Can. J. Fish aquat. Sci. 42, 1580–87.
- Nielsen, J.L., Gan, C., Wright, J.M., Thomas, W.K. and Morris, D.B. (1994) Genetic variation and phylogeographic structures in coastal steelhead trout from California. Mol. Mar. Biol. Biotech. (submitted)
- Park L.K. and Moran P. (1994) Developments in molecular genetic techniques in fisheries. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish. 4, 272–99.
- Pulido, J.C. and Duyk, G.M. (1994) Marker selection: construction of small insert genomic DNA libraries highly enriched for targeted short tandem repeat sequences. Current Protocols in Human Genetics (in press).
- Ward R.D. and Grewe P.M. (1994) Appraisal of molecular genetic techniques in fisheries. Rev. Fish Biol. Fish. 4, 300–25.
- Wright J.M. (1993) DNA fingerprinting of fishes. In Hochachka P.W. and Mommsen T., eds. Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Fishes, Vol. 2. New York: Elsevier, pp. 57–91.
- Wright. J.M. (1994) Mutation at VNTRs: are minisatellites the evolutionary progeny of microsatellites? Genome (in press).
- Ziegle J.S., Su Y., Corcoran K.P., Nie L., Mayrand P.E., Hoff L.B., McBride L.J., Kronick M.N. and Diehl S.R. (1992) Application of automated DNA sizing technology for genotyping microsatellite loci. Genomics 14, 1026–31.
- Microsatellites: genetic markers for the future
Reviews in Fish Biology and Fisheries
Volume 4, Issue 3 , pp 384-388
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links