A note on population densities of mollusca in the river Great Ouse at Ely, Cambridgeshire
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
Population density and dispersion of ten species of freshwater molluscs have been estimated by random quadrat sampling. An apparent association between four of the species is described.
- Calow, P. 1970. Studies on the natural diet of Lymnaea pereger obtusa (Kobelt) and its possible ecological implications. Proc. malac. Soc. Lond. 39: 203–215.
- Calow, P. 1973. Gastropod associations within Malham Tarn, Yorkshire. Freshwat. Biol. 3: 521–534.
- Cook, P. M. 1949. A ciliary feeding mechanism in Viviparus viviparus (L.). Proc. malac. Soc. Lond. 27: 265–271.
- Crow, E. L. & Gardner, R. S. 1959. Table of confidence limits for the expectation of a Poisson variable. Biometrika 46: 441–453.
- Elliot, J. M. 1971. Some methods for the statistical analysis of samples of benthic invertebrates. Freshwater biological Association.
- Green, R. H. 1966. Measurements of non-randomness in spatial distributions. Res. Popul. Ecol. Kyoto Univ. (1) 8: 1–7.
- Griffiths, D. 1973. Structure of an acid moorland pond community. J. Ecol. 42: 263–283.
- Hunter, W. R. 1961. Annual variations in growth and density in natural populations of freshwater snails in the West of Scotland. Proc. zool. Soc. Lond. 136: 219–253.
- Lilly, M. M. 1953. The mode of life and the structure and functioning of the reproductive ducts of Bithynia tentaculata (L.). Proc. malac. Soc. Lond. 30: 87–110.
- Macan, T. T. 1950. Ecology of fresh-water Mollusca in the English Lake District. J. Anim. Ecol. 19: 124–146.
- Maitland, P. S. 1964. Quantitative studies on the invertebrate fauna of sandy and stony substrates in the River Endrick, Scotland. Proc. roy. Soc. Edinb. 68: 277–301.
- Maitland, P. S. 1965. Notes on the biology of Ancylus fluviatilis in the River Endrick, Scotland. Proc. malac. Soc. Lond. 36: 339–347.
- A note on population densities of mollusca in the river Great Ouse at Ely, Cambridgeshire
Volume 48, Issue 3 , pp 195-197
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Population dispersion
- Industry Sectors