Is intergeneric hybridization in the Leguminosae possible?
- J. A. McCombAffiliated withDepartment of Agronomy, University of Western Australia
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
An exmination was made of the validity of intergeneric legume hybrids listed by Knobloch (Taxon 21:97). Insufficient evidence was found for these supposed crosses, their previous acceptance being due to misleading paper titles, confusion of vegetative with generic hybrids, the occurrence of patrocliny, and misplaced generic boundaries. There is a possibility of hybridization between Pisum and Vicia.
- Is intergeneric hybridization in the Leguminosae possible?
Volume 24, Issue 2 , pp 497-502
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- J. A. McComb (1)
- Author Affiliations
- 1. Department of Agronomy, University of Western Australia, 6009, Nedlands, W.A., Australia