Effect of interaction of two arbitrarily oriented cracks — Applications — Part II
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.Get Access
The stress analysis for the problem of two arbitrarily oriented cracks is carried out in Part I. The problem is formulated using Kolossoff-Muskhelishvili's two complex stress function using the mapping technique and the Schwarz Alternative Method. As this is the most general geometry it has many particular cases. These cases are compared with the analytical solutions of other research workers such as Isida  in Part I, and Isida [5, 9], Gdoutos , Gupta et al.  and Viola  etc. in Part II. The present results are in good agreement with those of other research workers and the finite element method solutions used.
- G.C. Sih, P.C. Paris and F. Erdogan, Transactions ASME, Journal of Applied Mechanics 29 (1962) 306–314.
- G.C. Sih and F. Erdogan, Journal of Basic Engineering 85 (1963) 519–527.
- G.C. Sih, in Methods of Analysis and Solutions of Crack Problems in Mechanics of Fracture — I, Noordhoff, Leyden (1973) XXI-XLV.
- G.C. Sih, Engineering Fracture Mechanics 5 (1973) 367–377.
- M. Isida, in Methods of Analysis and Solutions of Crack Problems in Mechanics of Fracture — I, G.C. Sih (ed.), Noordhoff, Leyden (1973) 56–130.
- E.E. Gdoutos, Journal of Strain Analysis 15, No. 3 (1980) 127–136.
- G.D. Gupta and Robert Badaliance, Engineering Fracture Mechanics 8 (1976) 341–353.
- Erasmo Viola, Engineering Fracture Mechanics 18, No. 4 (1983) 801–814.
- M. Isida, in Handbook of Stress Intensity Factors, G.C. Sih (ed.), Institute of Fracture and Solid Mechanics, Lehigh University, Pennyslvania-USA (1973) 126.96.36.199–188.8.131.52.
- S. Nemat-Nasser and H. Horri, Journal of Solids and Structures 21, No. 7 (1985) 731–745.
- C.J. Tranter, Quarterly Journal of Mechanics and Applied Mathematics 14 (1961) 283–292.
- W.T. Ang, International Journal of Fracture 21 (1986) 259–270.
- 13. V.G. Ukadgaonker and R.R. Avargerimath, in Proceedings of 12th Canadian Congress of Applied Mechanics, Ottawa, June (1989) 280–281
- S.N. Chattarjee, International Journal of Solids and Structures 11 (1975) 521–538.
- K.K. Lo, ASME Journal of Applied Mechanics 45 (1978) 797–802.
- Effect of interaction of two arbitrarily oriented cracks — Applications — Part II
International Journal of Fracture
Volume 51, Issue 4 , pp 285-304
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors