A new species of Lepidapedon Stafford, 1904 (Digenea: Lepocreadiidae) in the gadiform fish Coelorhinchus bollonsi McCann & McKnight (Macrouridae) from Chatham Rise, New Zealand
Purchase on Springer.com
$39.95 / €34.95 / £29.95*
Rent the article at a discountRent now
* Final gross prices may vary according to local VAT.
Lepidapedon blairi n. sp. is described from the gut of Coelorhinchus bollonsi from a depth of 570 m on the Chatham Rise off the east coast of South Island, New Zealand. It is distinguished from its congeners by its vitelline distribution, which does not extend much anterior to the ovary, and the extent of the excretory vesicle, which does not reach the posterior testis.
- Bray, R.A. & desClers, S.A. (1992) Multivariate analyses of metrical features in the Lepidapedon elongatum (Lebour, 1908) species-complex (Digenea, Lepocreadiidae) in deep and shallow water gadiform fishes of the NE Atlantic. Systematic Parasitology, 21, 223–232.
- Bray, R.A. & Gibson, D.I. (1989) The Lepocreadiidae (Digenea) of fishes from the north-east Atlantic: review of the genus Neolepidapedon Manter, 1954, with a description of N. smithi n. sp. Systematic Parasitology, 13, 11–23.
- Bray, R.A. & Gibson, D.I. (1991) The Lepocreadiidae (Digenea) of fishes from the north-east Atlantic: Profundivermis intercalarius n. g., n. sp. from the marine fish Coryphaenoides (Nematonurus) armatus (Hector) (Macrouridae) from the Porcupine Abyssal Plain. Systematic Parasitology, 18, 121–125.
- Campbell, R.A. & Bray, R.A. (in press) Lepidapedon spp. (Digenea: Lepocreadiidae) from deep-sea gadiform fishes of the NW Atlantic Ocean, including four new species. Systematic Parasitology.
- Campbell, R.A., Haedrich, R.L. & Munroe, T.A. (1980) Parasitism and ecological relationships among deep-sea benthic fishes. Marine Biology, 57, 301–313.
- Cohen, D.M., Inada, T., Iwamoto, T. & Scialabba, N. (1990) FAO species catalogue. Vol. 10. Gadiform fishes of the world (Order Gadiformes). An annotated and illustrated catalogue of cods, hakes, grenadiers and other gadiform fishes known to date. FAO Fisheries Synopsis. 10(125). Rome: FAO, 442 pp.
- Gaevskaya, A.V. & Kovaleva, A.A. (1978) Materials on fish trematodes in the south-western Atlantic. Vestnik Zoologii,  (3), 60–66 (In Russian).
- Gaevskaya, A.V. & Rodyuk, G.N. (1988) New and rare Trematoda species from deep-sea fishes of the south west Atlantic. Vestnik Zoologii  (5), 11–15 (In Russian).
- Gusev, A.V. (1957) [Parasitological investigations on some deepwater fishes in the Pacific Ocean]. Trudy Instituta Okeanologii, 27, 362–366 (In Russian).
- Issaitschikov, J.M. (1928) Contributions to parasitic worms of some groups of vertebrates from Russian Arctic. Trudy Morskogo Nauchnogo Instituta, 3, 3–79 (In Russian: partial English translation).
- Linton, E. (1940) Trematodes from fishes mainly from the Woods Hole region, Massachusetts. Proceedings of the United States National Museum, 88, 1–172+26 plates.
- Lumb, S.H., Bray, R.A. & Rollinson, D. (in press) Partial small subunit (18S) rRNA gene sequences from members of the families Lepocreadiidae and Fellodistomidae (Digenea) and their use in phylogenetic analyses. Systematic Parasitology.
- Manter, H.W. (1954) Some digenetic trematodes from fishes of New Zealand. Transactions of the Royal Society of New Zealand, 82, 475–568.
- McCauley, J.E. (1968) Six species of Lepidapedon Stafford, 1904 (Trematoda: Lepocreadiidae) from deep-sea fishes. Journal of Parasitology, 54, 496–505.
- Zhukov, E.V. (1960) Endoparasitic worms of the fishes in the Sea of Japan and South-Kuril shallow-waters. Trudy Zoologicheskogo Instituta, 28, 3–146 (In Russian).
- A new species of Lepidapedon Stafford, 1904 (Digenea: Lepocreadiidae) in the gadiform fish Coelorhinchus bollonsi McCann & McKnight (Macrouridae) from Chatham Rise, New Zealand
Volume 26, Issue 1 , pp 69-73
- Cover Date
- Print ISSN
- Online ISSN
- Kluwer Academic Publishers
- Additional Links